Any updates about VIA 8237 and True image problem ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by trichard, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trichard

trichard Guest

Any updates ?............... still waiting .............* Neck is getting very long **
    Thnaks.................

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello trichard,

We regret to inform you that the research of our Development Team revealed that we need new drivers for VIA 8237 in order to make it work faster. Since there are no open source drivers available we can't go further in the research. As soon as the driver is released we will certainly implement it in Acronis software.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. spog

spog Registered Member

The driver which was used with TI7 build 613 works well with the via 8237. Why can't you use this driver, which used to work properly? I have been waiting since July 04 for this problem to be fixed. This is truly unacceptable for software that is advertized as supporting sata controllers, because it does not.

4. webmedic

webmedic Registered Member

just curious how much info you can get into here a
    since they use linux for this it is most likely as other linux based dostros. The real issue here is that the older kernels used in the 7.0 product work only with a few sata drives. To get arround this they had to go to a newer kernel I'm assuming which offers a much larger number of sata controlers that it works with.

But at this point I would be at a real loss as to why it would not work because linux most definatly does have drivers for via, sis, si, maybe intel, adaptec and most other sata controlers with the latest kernels. I am using the latest kernels included with mandrake linux 10.1 which is about 5 months old now and it supports most all sata devices just fine. At this point it really baffels me as to what acronis could be doing in this area that things are not working properly.

Well I guess they could be using the older kernels still but that would be like suicide considering they are no longer under active developement and are mostly just in maintanance mode for things like security holes and bugs. If they are indeed using an older kernel then you will be waiting a verrrrrry looong time till you get proper drivers.

5. Acronis Support

Hello spog,

We do know that the build 613 of Acronis True Image worked with VIA 8237 better but it didn't work with RAID arrays on this chipset at all. Also I can tell that current version of Acronis True Image does support VIA 8237 based systems. The only problem is the performance that can be increased only with the new driver.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. trichard

trichard Guest

So how long more we have to wait o_Oo_O??

7. Acronis Support

Hello trichard,

This improvement is in our Enhancement list but currently we cannot tell the date of the release even approximately. We do apologize for this problem but it is resulted mostly because of the lack of proper drivers for this chipset.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. trichard

trichard Guest

Seem like it is time to forget about true image liao ......:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.