any tutorial?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rmdejesus, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmdejesus

rmdejesus Registered Member

Sorry about this post, but I am new to this disk imaging thing. Is there a step by step tutorial in Acronis' website of how to create an image file of my computer, so I won't have to use anymore Dell's PC Restore. The thing is, after installing Microsoft Office 2003 and activating it over the internet, I want to create an exact image of my hard disk, so that when I do a reinstallation in the future, Office 2003 will already be installed and I won't have to do the same activation all over again. The wizard for the acronis software is still a bit overwhelming for me as a beginner on this kind of thing; and I'm concerned if there might be a conflict with Dell's PC Restore when I do this.

Thanks in advance!

R

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

The TrueImage Wiz looks complicated the first time or two, but it's not bad after that.

Let's start with where do you want to backup your system to? A DVD drive, an external hard drive?? How the wizard works depends on that.

3. feddup

feddup Registered Member

Acronis has manuals that you can download in PDF format from their website. They also have a FAQ you might look at. Frankly you'll learn more examining the posts here at wilders. Search under the true Image forums for specific issues. You could probably read for weeks.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.