Any thoughts on Furk.net ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheCatMan, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCatMan

TheCatMan Registered Member

Furk.net a bit like rapidshare meets a seedbox

Anyone use it? They seem to have been running for many years now, simply cue any torrent. Let them download it at high speeds and then you can either download or stream it.

Some folk said they are a honeypot on torrentfreak website comments...

2. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

I am using them for more than at least three years I think, most of the time as a free user and sometimes as premium. Actually I have a tab opened to furk right next to Wilders, I logged in there before here. :) First of all, they are much better choice for open trackers than seedboxes in my opinion. Furk downloads the torrents you add and after they are finished they stop without seeding a bit, so if you are in private trackers, you are going to get banned and most of them doesnt support furk anyway (since its public and there could be numerous users using the same servers).

And public torrents get downloaded pretty good, I normally use it with some very slow seeders or so. However free accounts are much slower, in comparison and last time I was premium (around 3 months ago) they had a search funtion for already cached files, it used to be advertised by them years ago, but they stopped it later. I guess maybe they ran into trouble for that. Also they zip the folder structure which I really like.

3. TheCatMan

thanks for reply, yeah I think if they been around for a few years and no horror tales or google bad comments on them, got to be fairly safe to use. Accessing them via a VPN just to be 100% safe is a good choice as always.

How did you find the speeds of downloads say via public torrents?

4. subhrobhandari

I always max my speeds even as a free user, seen it go upto 10-12 MByte/sec. And the server download speeds vary but I have seen them from around 2-3 KBPS to 19 MBPS. I especially use furk for slow seeders or when just a few seeders I could'nt connect to. Also they have option to use HTTPS connections and use NL/DE proxy to speed up downloads in some cases.

5. TheCatMan

thanks that is great news to hear they get that fast, am going to consider testing them out :)

6. maladroid

maladroid Registered Member

Furk.net works pretty well, but be careful about purchasing a premium account. For credit card transactions they use an outfit in the Czech Republic called GoPay. When they billed my credit card it showed up as a cash advance, resulting in a $10 fee for a $14.54 purchase. I called the bank that issued my credit card to complain but they said they couldn't do anything because that's how the transaction was run.

7. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

There's also zbigz.com which has lets you download torrents up to 1GB in size for free, and zzlbox.com which for free lets you download up to 2GB .

8. subhrobhandari

zzlbox is furk's new face:

And then there's boxopus too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.