Any Thinkpads successfully USB key drive boot rescue environment?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Marc_G, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marc_G

Marc_G Registered Member

Hi folks-

This is a followup to some prior threads by myself and others. Basically, I'm still trying to be able to boot the rescue environment from a USB key flash drive. Using build 8.0.826, I get the same error:
    Starting Acronis Loader...
    Missing boot partition.

(This is the same error I emailed to Acronis about a month ago with screen shots. This is in reference to my IBM T42p laptop.)

I got excited when I noticed that build 826 doesn't prompt for formatting the memory key, but automatically formats it with FAT.

Has anyone with a Thinkpad ever been able to boot the rescue environment from a USB key drive? I'd like to be able to clone disk-to-disk, and doing so means my CD/DVD drive will be replaced by a second hard drive, so USB keys are pretty much the only way to go in this scenario, unless I want to resort to a stack of floppies (no thanks).

Marc

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Marc,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Restore Software.

We regret to inform you that current version of Acronis True Image doesn't support USB flash drive as Acronis Bootable Media. Even though some people managed to use it we cannot guarantee that it will work. Our Development Team is currently working on this enhancement and we expect it to be implemented in future.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.