Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Karla, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karla

Karla Registered Member

I have Spywareguard, Spyware Blaster, and Spybot S&D installed on my system. I haven't had any problems with any of them. I have been having the SG icon (on the lower toolbar) show up when, I think, certain emails have been received. My question is twofold, I guess. How do I get rid of the "notification" without rebooting, and what is that indicating? I get the proper pop ups when I change my browser's homepage, so I am assuming that the program is working correctly. I have version 2.2, should that make any difference. If any of you guys could give me any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance...
    Karla

2. Under0ath

Under0ath Registered Member

I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused.

You say the little icon appears in the task bar (the lower toolbar) when emails arrive?

When SWG loads at the startup, the icon is there, indicating that the protection is enabled.

Finally, what popup are you talking about?

Under0ath

3. Karla

Karla Registered Member

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough. The SG icon does show up on start up. The icon is in the bottom right corner. The "icon" I was referring to, isn't really an icon, it is what shows up in the bottom toolbar when a program is open. On occasion, I will come in and will see this at the bottom of the screen. I am assuming it is coming with SOME mail, but cannot determine which, if that is, in fact, where it is coming from. As far as the "pop up", I was referring to the window that opens if you are changing your browser's homepage, to verify the change, or reject it, as the case may be. I hope this was clearer, and again, I really appreciate your assistance!
    Thanks!
    Karla

4. Under0ath

Under0ath Registered Member

Unfortunately, my SWG feels the need to not work. Upon startup, it creates an error. Because of this, I have not received popups alerting me of such things.
    If you wish to get rid of the popups, I guess just don't change the homepage. It is just doing what it's supposed to do, prevent browser hijacking. If you want the alerts in regard to the browser Hijacking, go to the Options tab on the left, and uncheck Browser Hijack Protection.

I don't recomend this, however, if you are seriously irritated by the popups..

I'm sorry i cannot be of much help, as i said before, my SWG does not function properly.

Hope I was of some help,
    Under0ath

5. Karla

Karla Registered Member

Thanks so much for trying to help. I really appreciate it!
    Karla :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.