Any success backing up Windows Mail?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by david_h, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david_h

david_h Registered Member

Just trying the trial version of ATI v10. I can't seem to get a backup of Windows Mail data in Vista. It is one of the email clients in the "My email backup" list but when I run the backup it aborts with an error saying that Windows Mail is open. I've closed the mail client and the problem is still there. Anyone able to get this to work?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello david_h,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive, install unpacked MSI package and see if the problem persists.

If the issue persists, please do the following:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;

- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file;

- Get the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

In addition, please also create a screen shot of the error message you have received and save the log file from Acronis True Image 10.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. david_h

Thankyou for that Technical Support. I downloaded the latest Acronis drivers and that didn't work. I have generated all the logs you wanted but have not been able to log-in for technical support. When I try to register for support I get this message:

"You have successfully registered. Please check your e-mail address for further instructions."

but no email arrives (I first tried this 24 hours ago). Maybe because I am only using your 15 day trial and have not purchased the product?

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Check out your mail spam trap. Maybe your reply is there, it does happen sometimes.

Xpilot

5. Acronis Support

Hello david_h,

Please note that this is related to some problems with our server. Please repeat the procedure to register the account later. We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

You could also use Contact Acronis Customer Service link to submit a request.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. david_h

Dear Acronis Support,

I have made some progress on this. I purchased the TI software and instsalled it over the trial version and entered my registration key. Now for some reason the mail backup appears to go through correctly but when I browse the archive I see that all my email folders are there but there seems to be no emails backed up in the folders.

7. Acronis Support

Hello david_h,

Please have a look at this previous post of mine, which should answer your question.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.