Any point in buying Trojanhunter if F-Secure is installed?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by ChrisP, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

I have asked a similar question before concerning Tauscan (which I already own - but dont run), but is there any point in my buying and running Trojanhunter as I already have F-Secure as my AV?

Would this - or any AT add to my security?

How would it add to my security?

Any advice welcome.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi ChrisP,
    we always advice to shop around before buying, as you did spend lot of money already now.
    Have a try for the one or the other, and look at the top 3 in AT.
    See F-secure as a second opinion which has av/at protection, i woukld certainly have a layered protection and look at those, try the TH you found already, look at TDS-3, unfortunately BOClean has no trial but all three have a very good mony back policy so evaluate them patiently and see which you like most.
    Be aware TDS4-family is coming soon, so take all the time you need and look around for those in the forums here for instance, and try the other as you like too!

3. Hello ChrisP...

I use KAV and I also have Trojan Hunter installed....

It doesn't hurt.... It's great to have layered security...

Trojan Hunter has been making almost daily updates lately and it's runs very unobtrusively...

From the Trojan Hunter Website...

(Aug. 4th, 2003) TrojanHunter 3.6 has been released. This new version of TrojanHunter makes TrojanHunter the only trojan scanner on the market capable of cleaning process-injecting trojans. Process-injecting trojans are invisible in most process viewers and can be very hard to detect, let alone remove, making accurate detection and removal of them imperative. This new release of TrojanHunter also features bug-fixes and other minor improvements from version 3.5.

Support is great, too! Nice forum and the developer is always available to help you...

4. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

i have on one of my pc's both th and f-secure. although f-secure is always first to nail any trojan it's still good to have th just in case.. layered protection you know
    here's one more reason: http://www.misec.net/papers/thvsbeast/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.