Any plugins for Barte Pe

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by pinso, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Hello,:rolleyes:
    i started using Barte Pe few weeks back primarily i h started using Drive snapshot.Giving it a try, although Paragon is my first choice for imaging. Barte Pe has a plugin for Drive snapshot, their are many other programs i could use like xyplorer 8.0, irfan view etc Paragon Rescue Disk if possible.
    Can i make a plugin for myself or do i h' to download it. Any info here would be helpful.:)

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

you can get a bartpe plugin from paragon.
    if you login to your paragon account it is listed on the download page.

3. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi Lodore

U are wrong, at least if u are using the free version. The Paragon is not listed in downloads.

Moreover, Paragon Tommy on the paragon site has said (today) that there is an inherent kernel problem that means you cannot produce an image that is NOT SPLIT. They advise using a Bart PE plugin. Problem is it is just not possible to get hold of a BartPE plugin for the fre B&R 10 version unless you make ur own. What a company!!Terry

4. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

Take a look at this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=257771

I followed those instructions to make a BartPE plugin for both Paragon Total Defrag 10 and Paragon Drive Backup 10. I was testing backup programs at the time, but I think I only used DB10 to make a few images; I didn't try restoring any of them.

Basic steps:

1. make a plugin folder for drive backup e.g. C:\pebuilder\plugin\DB10 and add a files folder inside it.

2. copy all paragon files from the program directory to it.
    --before you do, start the program and set settings to what you want them to be in BartPE - see the link above for specific settings.
    --delete the iso file to save space (emulator.iso? rescue.iso? bootcd.iso? or some such)
    --you may want to compress those files with upx or PECompact to save space (but not necessary).

3. copy qtp-mt334.dll, prgiso.dll and wnaspi32.dll (or whatever system files paragon added) from C:\Windows\System32\ to C:\pebuilder3110a\plugin\DB10\files\program\ and C:\pebuilder3110a\plugin\DB10\files\program2\ if not already there.
    --maybe you only need to copy them to one or the other, but better safe than sorry.

4. Add the usual inf, xml, cmd, etc. files to the plugin folder e.g. C:\pebuilder\plugin\DB10
    --I've attached mine to this post which I made based on the link above. just remove the txt-extension and extract DB.rar contents to the plugin folder.

5. Build your CD or USB boot disk and you are ready to rock.

Note about the attached plugin files:
    --the attached files are for the basic bartpe with nu2menu. if you use xpe plugin, then enable the xpe references in the inf-file.
    --i added an autorun file (DelMiniNT.exe) which automatically deletes the registry key HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MiniNT from BartPE/XPE. but the autorun plugin has to be enabled (i think it is enabled by default in bartpe)
    -the included ahk-file is just the pre-compiled autohotkey file for DelMiniNT.exe - if someone knows command line command to delete a registry key , please let me know.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  5. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi

I don't want to be a luddite but why jump through hoops like this. Why don't they supply a plugin.

Macrium does, its accessed and downloaded via the CD straight into the BartPE folder.

I am becoming more disillusioned by the day with Paragon. The original free B&R 10 was released in October with many faults including that you could not make a single archive. In other words it has a bug that splits the archives into 2GB tranches even though you tell it not to. I raised this in the forum and was told it would be sorted.

Then recently another Paragon B&R 10 release, yet the problem has still not been sorted. I then expressed my concern again and the moderator then stated (its in Paragons forum for all to see) that there was a "kernel fault" and it was not likely to be rectified in the short term. (or words to that effect)

I was recommended to use the BartPE plugin. BUT there isn't one unless you play about B&R 9 and change names and numbers.

And this is a professional organisation?

Terry

6. pinso

pinso Registered Member

thank you pajenn for ur help regarding the Paragon plugin, and i followed the thread thoroughly and realized that the user were able to make a plugin for a free version i.e.,Backup and Restore v10 and not for the Professional version 9 or 9.5.
    i h' been stratching my head and went through all the instruction meticulously:
    i also checked for the Registry key: which was not present after installing the Pro version:
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MiniNT from BartPE/XPE
    I just didn't want to sound stupid so i refrained from Replying: i wanted a plugin for the Pro Version and not the free version. So i give up on this, i dont need it that badly.i m replacing Paragon with IFD/DS.

Lately i was thinking i could use XYPlorer (Free version) on Barte:
    These are the file when i extract zip file
    When i run XYplorerFree.exe these files and two folder are generated
    xy.jpg
    Can someone interpret how would the inf and xml would be like(hope u understood):o_O (i m really novice at these things)
    I just want to complete this and make a full and final Barte Disc. Total commander is no-good for me. XYplorer is the only explorer i found which could do certain things which no other commercial/free file manger can do: i.e., open $ISR folder generated by FD,which is assigned as System folder (extracting/copy/paste becomes available if in case the Snapshot is rendered unbootable).
    Any one who is a germ at these things, any pro users ,,,some assistance needed. :doubt:

Many thanks in advance:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.