Any news of owners of Previous Webroot Platinum 2011license being able to upgrade to

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by GrammatonCleric, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

I have a full 11 months left on my Webroot Platinum Security 2011 (or whatever the top of the line $79.99) option is called but now that WSA came out are we able to upgrade to the WSA Platinum or are the 2011 users stuck with 2011 version?
    I know that Kaspersky, Symantec and ESET all allow the prior year keys to be used with current year product or that has been my experience with those vendors in the past. Will webroot honor the same/?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

You will be able to upgrade for free to the equivalent version - we're finishing changes to support it but these should be ready quite soon :)

3. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

Joe-will you let us know when we're able to use our previous webroot licenses?

4. Corepcx

Corepcx Registered Member

I was able to upgrade from Webroot Antivirus with SpySweeper to SecureAnywhere Antivirus Version without any problems. Since it was released to the public a few weeks ago.

I signed in at MyWebroot with my existing email account and then on right under your name is downloads. So it may be related to doing that.

https://my.webrootanywhere.com/default.asp

5. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

"Technically" you can change over from any Webroot 5.x, 6.x, or 7.x product at any time to WSA, though it currently may take a few tries and minute for it to recognize your key code. However I wouldn't yet, since there are some problems for some people going on with the account conversion (Sync and Passwords specifically) depending on emails and other weird factors. Plus if you have Hotmail, Live.com, or MSN, definitely don't try to convert until Microsoft stops losing half or more of the Webroot emails, including the important ones that let you set up your account.

Webroot did "Clean" installs (new customers) first while they worked out issues with the upgrades. There are rumors of upgrades possibly starting as soon as this Monday (Oct 31st), but I personally think the first iteration may be a little buggy. So I'm waiting for a little while. :)

6. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

WSA-E accepted my 2011 keycode for about 10 days but on a fresh install today it is no longer being accepted.

Message " "a replacement keycode has been issued and must be used with this product line". But I have not received any replacement serial! Hopefully on the way soon.

7. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

That means half the conversion is done. Put in a ticket with support and they can get you the converted keycode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.