Any News From Jason

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by james246, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james246

james246 Registered Member

Anyone out there with news on how Jason is progressing with AppDefend ?

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Would be nice if Jason says something for us...

3. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Or replied to emails...

4. berng

berng Registered Member

Considering the comments posted by you, me and others a week ago
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=755255
    and since we never got a reply, I suspect that Jason has stopped looking at this forum.

5. nameless

nameless Registered Member

My guess, which means nothing: Jason got a nice, full-time job, and Ghost Security is now deeply back-burnered.

6. berng

berng Registered Member

Most likely. You really need to sell a lot of licenses to make decent money on these one time licenses.

7. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

nameless is right, I do have a nice full time job, working for Ghost Security. :D

I haven't been answering emails in the usual few hour turn around just recently because I was affected by a flu virus (the human kind). The next version of GSS is a big next step which makes at least 5 unique break throughs for Windows security that have never been done before. It takes time to not only make this stable and secure, but to flesh out the new features. It has been months since the last release because of this.

8. berng

berng Registered Member

Ahhh. I see our comments woke you up. :D

9. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

wondering ..

Hi guys / gals and especialy .. Hi Jason !

what's going on? promises have been made at least 5 times .. as a loyal customer (former DiamondCS, now yours...) two weeks ago Ghost Security told about now screenshots about the upcom0ing build..two weeks later still nothing ..

if you let us pay for lifetime upgrades/updates..please give us one .. lol

what about it Jason? .. you ain't here on the board either lately..

that's not reassuring. if you want loyalty .. at least by loyal too!

please, do not get offended,

Andy

10. f3x

f3x Registered Member

Re: wondering ..

you ain't here on the board either lately...

This is quite not true... i often see him logged in.
    However he stay quite.... silencious
    I am under the impresion that the vast majority of the gss changes will be under the hood. This can explian the lack of screenshot as the best youmay have is a couple more checkboxes in a config window or a new popup wich look like the old one.

However i still beleive it would profit for gss to at least give us a changelog once in a while. However we have to understand that this kind of problem is not rare with one-person internet compagny. Yet at least we know he is working hard to make thing better.

11. Infinity

what does that mean? The fact that I'm not logged in .. my words are of less importance? .. lol .. don't get me started ..

believe me I'm daily here .. at least ten times a day .. at least checking what security updates have been done ..

Don't get me wrong .. English is not my motherthongue .. but I understand every single bit .. posting flawlessly (grammatically) is not always done but I believe you understand ever single word I post.

understood .. still .. that would still be an improvement!

you are posting like I have no respect for Jason .. Jason's company or whatsover ..

... lol ... it's ok .. no probs .. I still hope everything is ok for him!

.. and I hope everything is ok for you too.

Take care

(those are not my words .. and still I do respect every single line Jason has been posting. ..)

regards,

Andy

12. Infinity

I'm sorry f3x !

I know Jason is very busy and things can't be achieved like they were meant to be!

I hope everythi!ng is ok!

13. f3x

f3x Registered Member

I'm sorry infinity for the misunderstanding

I was actually quoting you when you said:

You are excused as it's all my fault: i do not like bbcode tags or i'm lazy

I quite does not know alot about you nor did i pretend to react in any way personal with you ... i just see that jason is not often here and this situation is not really the best GSS can hope. yet i do try to help as much as i can

I alwais try to be quite neutral or at least diplomat. If this is not how you read my message (now or in the future) it's very possible there si a missunderstanding. Also english isnt really my best language.

Now that i re-read my post i know it can be confusing as it start with a "you" however i hoped you would have reconised your own word ;)

take care

14. Infinity

Thanx f3x for taking the time to respond! truely appreciated! this board has a good addatation (is this good grammar? but I bet everyone agrees and understands this all lol) with you licenced and registered!

I know you are neutral .. tries to be at least! good for us and good for everyone! your expertise is more then welcome here! at least at my side!

Regarding Jason and GSS .. I never saw an such ambitious program (GSS) start so fine! And honestly I have never ever had such a precious program start so good at my rig. Jason knows I'm not the baddest .. I truely means good!

if my friends tell me:'I'll call you this weekend, when they don't do .. I'll call them asking what happend. Not because they didn't followed their own words but because something could have happend .. therefore couldn't call me..

don't worry Jason has a lot of credits! the fact that he said he would post new images about the new release will not change a thing! his respect has been earned long time before GSS even started to be a good thing.

Last thing I'll tell:

System Safety Monitor isn't buggy anymore .. it is a rocksolid HIPS and already ahead of some of the competition (sic) .. if I could bet money on my sentences : I would bet : "GSS is just a little step behind SSM". And that is just another reason for me to say to Jason: 'Come On, let us see what you have behind' That is not meant bad! I want my favourites to be number one!

take care and have a nice eve!

15. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Nope, never heard of the word "addatation" :D Parp! :D

16. Optimist

Optimist Registered Member

News?

I hope GSS is not death exactly just like this forum.

17. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Jason is working on GSS at the moment, no one or nothing is dead trust me ;)

Regards,
    gkweb.

18. Optimist

Optimist Registered Member

The hope dies last! :rolleyes:

19. f3x

f3x Registered Member

We migth just be suffering the netscape problem.
    Pll tougth it migth die as it was hidding, copletely rewriting the code.
    But at end, it's better than a patched over patched bwroser.

If you look at the changelog in the alpha thread of this forum, you'll see that jason made some core design change. this takes time because of three reason:

1) Add new feature to highligth the power of the new core
    2) Some of the before-working feature need extra work to be converted to the new core
    3) The well-tested core of previous version have changed, so you need to do new intensive testing.

To sum up: Trust gkweb ;)

20. gkweb

That's not hope, I'm beta tester for Ghost Security and I'm in touch with Jason, as for all of the other beta testers. Please be patient.

Regards,
    gkweb.

21. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Users have a right to be disappointed, much have been promissed and so far very little delivered other than a beta almost a year ago, so until it actually does see daylight, there will probably be some that won't believe it until they see it at this point, which is very understandable IMO.:)

22. gkweb

I've never tried to imply that the poster shouldn't be disapointed.

My posts was to clarify the fact that I'm not supposing that Jason is working on it (e.g : word hope from the poster), but that I know he is and that it is a fact (e.g the poster may be didn't see I was beta tester for GS).

That was all about grammar and avoiding misunderstanding.
    As english is not my native language, it can happen often. It is may be actually the case with "please be patient" apparently misinterpreted.

Then, and now it's my personal opinion, being ironic (for the poster) is not the best way to be helped, and doesn't attract people that can help you, to do it.
    Anyway I did try to help, but I cannot really do much than that.
    We'll see when Jason will come up and explain how GSS is progressing.

Regards,
    gkweb.

23. Don Pelotas

I didn't meant to imply anything regarding you and the fact you were trying to be helpful, Guillaume, so i'm sorry if it seemed to be directed towards your person and if you felt attacked then i apologize, because that was not my intension.:)

I was actually in my unhelpful way trying to explain that perhaps it's time to put the boat in the water so to speak (for jason to do this, not you! ;) ), i bought the suite in january because Jason posted that the next beta (much more complete) would be out in a week, this is now 8-9 months ago and no sign of a released version yet. I'm not even complaining because it was my own stupid decision and it won't be the last! I bought it because i like to support small vendors with interesting software and because i thought it had potential (still do), but think of those that have actually thought this meant a release was imminent!

This was what i was trying to explain.........why they may not be as patient as others.:)

24. berng

berng Registered Member

I too bought appdefend beta last year. I also was given the impression that we would be getting beta's on a timely basis with a final within half a year.

Very disappointing to see a product with this much potential fall so behind.

It's strange when these questions are brought up, the response is usually from people who are not the developers.

25. Don Pelotas

gkweb is definitely one of the good guys around, berng.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.