Any Known Conflicts With Other Software?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Starseeker, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starseeker

Starseeker Registered Member

I was just wondering if there were any known conflicts with SpywareBlaster 3.2 and other software such as Nortons SystemWorks 2004 (which supposedly has some protection against spyware)? I have Ad-aware and SpyBot S&D installed as well. I am also still running Windows 98 SE.
    Thanks for the information!

2. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

I've not had any problems with those you mentioned. I found Spyware Guard a little buggy, but SWB gets along nicely with all my apps. Mind you, It's not really a running app anyway.
    Cheers,
    Buck.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I would not call it a conflict....but something to watch out for incase you were not aware.

As you may know....the 3 main functions of Spywareblaster are ActiveX, Cookie and Restricted Sites protection. Spybot's Immunize function has the same protection....with some of the same entries as Spywareblaster in their respective databases.

If you apply protection with Spywareblaster for ALL protection and then for whatever reason disable Spybot's Immunize function....you have then removed some of the protection entries that you had selected in Spywareblaster.

4. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

You will see from the 'other antivirus forum' that Panda Titanium 2005 Tru Prevent stops updates being applied to the Restricted Site section of Spyware Blaster.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Thanks for that post GG....and I'll link to it if you don't mind....so we will be able to refer easily to it if need arises.

This thread---> Panda AntiVirus 2005 with TruPrevent

6. Starseeker

Starseeker Registered Member

Thank you everyone for the information. I appreciate it!

Have a great day! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.