Any known conflicts with my setup?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by newbie2247, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

I have ESET Smart Security on my Vista. I switch between FF3 and IE7 for browsers - no particular reason.

On my Firefox I have the WOT (web of trust) plug-in. I also use the free Sandboxie whenever I do anything at all on the Internet including reading my email which is Windows Mail.

I am wondering if you bright people here can tell me if I have anything that I shouldn't - that may cause problems with my ESET.

The other matter I want to ask all of you is this: Can I safely obtain and use McAfee Site Advisor and Keyscrambler of any other free anti-keylogger program? I want the keylogger protection because I've read many times that Sandboxie can't protect again keyloggers.

So those are my questions. Important ones as I don't want ESET conflicts, nor do I want to be unprotected.

Thanks!

2. philby

philby Registered Member

FWIW, I've not had any problems running either of the above with ESS 4 beta on vista or XP.

(KS personal, that is)

philby

3. newbie2247

Thanks. But you don't use a sandbox, right?

I really need to know if my present set-up is kosher with ESET as well as what I wish to add.

Just asking here first before I do add to err on the side of caution.

Thanks again for your reply.

4. philby

philby Registered Member

Sorry, should have added that SB has not presented any compatibility issue either.

Haven't had any issues at all with ESS 4, aside from the ubiquitous weird DNS cache poisoning entries in the fw log and some weird port scanning reports as discussed elsewhere.

philby

5. newbie2247

Not only do I get the DNS poisoning but I am also getting the dang ARP one too.

Non-stop stince 12-30-08 for no apparent reason. Did not do anything that day. Made no changes whatsoever. Must be something in one of ESET's updates that day.

Cannot figure that one out for the life of me. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.