Any issues qith Quickbooks Enterprise 8 or 9?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by tanstaafl, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Registered Member

I have a friend who has a small network (about 12 machines), running (mainly) QBE (Quickbooks Enterprise) 8, and has NOD32 (at my recommendation).

He recently upgraded the QBE Server (Windows 2003 sp2 Standard, not R2) to v3.0.684, and the workstations (all XP Pro sp3 fully patched) to v4.0.424, all from v2.7, and has been having some problems with Quickbooks crashing fairly regularly (multiple times per day).

After talking to his wife, it seems they have been having problems with QBE since before the upgrade, so the problems they're having now may not be related to the NOD32 upgrade. I'm mainly curious if anyone else is running QBE and NOD32 (v2.7 or v4), and if they ran into any problems related to NOD32 and if so, what they did to fix them...

Thanks...

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Yes I have some clients on QB Enterprise.....they're on NOD 2.7, no issues at all.
    Fairly standard settings....only think I have customized on the 2.7 client setup is I have excluded "Network Media" from real time scanning...so basically the workstations don't scan the network/server.(since the server scans itself).

Also the database location for Quickbooks is excluded in the servers real time file protection, as well as the standard exclusions you setup for Windows Servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.