Any good free DVD player out there?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I use SVP (Smooth Video Project) which offers you 60 FPS playback for all video files but MPC-HC never seems to play my DVD discs maybe it's because of the setup I have using LAV Video.

Anyway, I play a DVD disc maybe once a year, I rarely use it but sometimes I do...

I bought Cyberlink PowerDVD 2 months back and refunded it after 15 days because they blacklisted my key after I had reinstalled it a few times (yes I do format a ot or actually restore a clean backup using Acronis True Image) so I didn't install the app on more than once computer.
    Anyway, I will never deal with that company anymore that gave me headaches when I legally purchased an app

Now I tried WinDVD Pro and it was good but I am afraid that if I buy it and reinstall a few times they would block my key also (I don't get these stupid activation methods that some companies use not checking the computer name it is being installed on).

I tried BS Player which is a free DVD player but it was a nightmare, when I click on the DVD Icon nothing happens.... and I don't like the fact that it reinstalls the same codecs that are available on my system again like ffdshow and Haali Splitter even though I have them installed already.

Is there any GOOD DVD player out there like WinDVD / PowerDVD or must I bite the bullet again? Im afraid that if I paid I would face activation issues..

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

3. berryracer

4. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

You're welcome.
    Let us know how you get on,I've used VLC Player for years so it'll be interesting to see which you think best.

5. roady

roady Registered Member

6. berryracer

I dont want those kinda players that play all multimedia files since I use MPC-HC + Smooth Video Project

Just wanted a DVD player so the one posted above does the job well :)

7. Stigg

Stigg Registered Member

I have never used BlazeDVD before, but I think I might give it a try.
    It looks good.

8. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

I think JetAudio Free is also a pretty decent DVD player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.