Any free antitrojan software?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by pyro, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyro

pyro Registered Member

I believe there is none... I am still on the free trial ver. of trojan hunter......I am not trying to be cheap..But just asking.

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Emisoft has an a² Free version while Ewido's full featured trial product will revert to a somewhat leaner featured free version after the trial (if a purchase is not made).

Blue

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

4. C64

C64 Guest

I have a copy of one of the very last versions of eScan antivirus toolkit utility before it was switched to scan only, if anyone wants it. This version automatically deletes any viruses it finds, no option to change it to scan only. Just let me know and i'll post a link to where it can be downloaded. :)

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

C64,

If it can be updated I would like to have it. I have a second computer that after I do my taxes I am going to give away. (I want to make sure I don't lose any tax info) I would like to keep it clean.
    I am using pay version of Ewido on my new computer, but it will not work with W98, and I had enough trouble with A2 that I don't want it. A2 just did not want to be compatible with whatever I have on the old system, and I do not want to try to make it work.

Thanks,
    Jerry

6. flinchlock

flinchlock Registered Member

7. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Is this escan utility an AV or Anti-trojan?
    It appears to be an AV primarily.
    Jerry

8. talkback

talkback Guest

It's mainly an AV, but will detect some other malware. It won't remove all the malware it detects....like keyloggers, but it will at least tell you it's there.

But can the old version of eScan free be updated and still 'remove' viruses? If it can, how do we update it with the latest defs? TIA.

9. flinchlock

flinchlock Registered Member

10. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

It has a modified Kaspersky engine, so it will detect viruses, trojans and other malware.

11. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks. I understand that Kaspersky does pretty well in the area of trojans. I am not sure it is good enough to replace a dedicated anti trojan such as Ewido, but I am not very well versed in its capabilities.

Jerry

12. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

KAV probably detects trojans as good as, if not better than, Ewido but I would rather use a dedicated anti-trojan to clean the infection.

13. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Yes, I agree with Blackcat my preference is Boclean, but get at least a dedicated Trojan Killer of good reputation. Just read around the Wilders you will see what is good. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.