Any Feedback on AVG Internet Security Suite

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by huntnyc, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Read a little on this product from the forum but would like to hear any more feedback on this suite. Read through some of the user manual and I like what I read regarding features but in real world experience what are your impressions so far? the price seems very good also but how would this compare to KIs 6 for example? Thanks for any input on this.

Gary

2. Phoinix

Phoinix Registered Member

Hello,

i use AVG IS at this moment.

I like the "new" Interface, but the best, it works without any Problems. No other IS works so perfect. (On my PC) :cool:

Btw: The Antispyware Plugin is from Ewido. :thumb:

You can Download a free Trialversion from the AVG Homepage.

PS: Sorry for my English, is not the best. ;)

3. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

I second phoinix's opinion and will highly recommend AVG security suite.The firewall is good,AV detects known applications,this version has heuristics and above all ewido as Anti-spyware...

I think its pretty good security suite,with plenty of ease of use.

4. huntnyc

Could I ask if when you scan for viruses, it also scans for spyware or do you need to schedule separate scans for each and thanks? Also, I appreciate this input and will gladly hear more. I am trying to decide between AVG, bullGuard 7 and KIS 6 at the moment. Have consider Antivir also. But, I would like to decide fairly soon instead of continually waiting for NOD 3. Thanks again.

Gary

5. huntnyc

From just looking at the trial product, the only thing I don't like is the antivirus section does not seem to be that configurable as far as opitons. amn I missing something here? Thanks.

Gary

6. TAP

TAP Registered Member

I tried AVG IS for a while, it's extremely/amazingly fast in real-time performance, no glitch, no slowdown at all. But I don't like its interface, I think it's a bit cumbersome. For overall aspects, AVG IS is a very good product that's extremely/amazingly fast in real-time performance and worth for money.

I will give my free 2 years license to my relative, because I've had avast! Home Edition + Windows Firewall (it's an Internet Security Suite for me) which always work great for me.

7. huntnyc

Agree regarding interface and for now, I keep running Antivir Security Suite RX 1. Simple interface and fast but I sure wish Eset would release their suite soon, like within a month or so.

Gary

8. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I'm very impressed with the AVG ISS. It runs beautifully and doesn't slow my system down. When it scans it checks for viruses, spyware and adware all at the same time.
    Congurations can be made to the resident shield (on-access protection) and shell extension (windows explorer protection) such as file types, exclusions and actions.

9. huntnyc

I have to say I am impressed with their feature set and performance also but I would have to get used to the interface. Maybe will look at it again because they have done a wonderful job on their features. Thanks for feedback to all.

Gary

10. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Agreed. AVG's UI is a bit cumbersome and sometimes confusing. Maybe I am not used to the UI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.