any feedback of nod in core i7 64 bit system?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Norton360, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norton360

Norton360 Registered Member

Hello, I'm planning to buy a core i7 computer with 4 GB ram ddr3 and windows 7 64 bits. I'm thinking in purchasing nod for that computer.

The reason why I stopped using nod some years ago is the huge cpu it needs to scan executable files in real time protection. The problem is CPU consumption, not RAM. There's nothing you can do short of turning off advanced heuristics (and heavily castrating NOD32's detection rate). Even on small files, nod takes many seconds to scan it if it is encrypted with complex packers. I face this problem with almost any setup file.

Can somebody with similar setup tell me how is the perfomance of nod real time protection? All my tests have been done in dual core computers with 32 bits OS, so I don't know what happens in 64 bit systems.

Thanks.

2. The PIT

The PIT Registered Member

The only problem I've come across is slow internet access when eset scans after an update.

3. SwissSteph

SwissSteph Registered Member

I do not think NOD32 is slow on my computer, I7 (920) + 12Gb ram + Windows 7 x64

4. Bucksnort

Bucksnort Registered Member

It causes frequent loss of internet connection with the latest ver. nod . I have vista ult 64 i7 965. It got so bad I went to avast and all is well now. Hope eset gets their 64 act together with the next ver. This was av not security suite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.