Any ETA on fix un/pw for ess downloading??

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Stephen64, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen64

Stephen64 Registered Member

I'm stuck on hold with their customer service, engineers are assisting others. Still can't get the download since it won't take my user name and password as supplied in the email and cut/pasted in, also tried manually typing it in. Rebooted and tried again. No one answering my call, no cust svc replies here.. just give me an eta..there's an obvious problem so communicate it if you are charging my credit card :doubt: :mad: :(

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi Stephen64,

Like you I'm not sure about an ETA but you're obviously aware of the issue that was discussed a bit more here --> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=190200

I can suggest you may wish to download the trial version to use temporarily and then upgrade it with your username and password. There was a link to the english trial version posted here --> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1109353&postcount=4

HTH

Cheers :)

3. Stephen64

Update. Customer Service/Engineer said it should be fixed later this afternoon, 2 or three hours.*puppy*

4. crummock

crummock Registered Member

Later this afternoon ! It's already well into the evening. :)

Such fun these time differences.

I assume he means afternoon US time (East, West etc.) ?

5. Stephen64

He said later this afternoon, I asked whether that was West Coast or East Coast US time he then said 2-3 hours. I'm not interested in the trial version, I'm a lazy bastard :D , just want the real deal.

6. cmezza

cmezza Registered Member

Well, to me: trial version + username/password = real deal! :shifty: :D
    But it's just me

7. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Exactly :)

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The new trial version works differently from the v2's . Its almost full version with just other license. Great way for ESET to have bigger control of illegal copies . Good job about this - just stop supporting v2 trial versions and all those with fixed NOD32 will xxx in the water !

9. JohnPlayer

JohnPlayer Registered Member

I bought ESS at 11:33 UK time and it's now 19:45 UK and nothing!! 2 mails for av only but nothing for ESS.

10. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

I've just uninstalled the package, used CCleaner and reinstalled. I did not set the User name & Password until ESS was up and running - and I now have the latest updates :D

Might have been fortunate, but it is worth a try.

11. freaked

freaked Registered Member

you're not the only one :'(

12. Stephen64

Well I'm up to 2 licenses for the AV product also so I downloaded the AV only that another poster had done as well and that worked. So I have the AV running with the latest update..now how do I get the smart security (ess) Version that I paid fer eh?

Virus signature database: 2639 (20071105)

13. SteveBlanchard

Have you tried my fix (see above)?

14. Stephen64

yep, tried it and it worked, but AV only. Meanwhile a third license dropped into my inbox and this one was for ESS.. so I uninstalled the AV and took a swing at the third username/pw which was the charm :cool:.. I am set , time for a brew, Cheers \~/

15. freaked

freaked Registered Member

woohoo!! 3rd email just came in too and everything is finally working great

16. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

I talked to the guy at Computer Security Solutions and he told me the ESS download server in California should be fixed before 8:00 pm my time. I'm in the Eastern time zone.

17. SteveBlanchard

Now that is odd, my licence worked for ESS and I downloaded at 20.27 GMT. unsure what that is Pacific time. Licence started EAV.
    Eicar works and is quarantined/deleted and terminated the website connection - now I llike that. The firewall also works (set the log up to record all activity).
    Only thing I am disappointed with is theat I don not know whether the email AV scan is working.

18. JohnPlayer

Just received this @ Tue 06/11/2007 00:52

Dear Customer,

This email is in regards to your recent order with us, and the delay on the launch date, which was scheduled today, November 5th, 2007.

Those of you who ordered a regular license of ESET NOD32 antivirus version 3 should receive that information shortly.

For those of you experiencing issues receiving your ESET Smart Security product, we apologize. The situation is being taken care of as quickly as possible. There is an error with the ordering system for ESET, the producing company. They hope to have the issue in hand within 24 hours.

You will receive your correct information directly from us, and we will ensure that you receive the proper product, and the correct expiration date. You will hear from us as soon as we hear from ESET.

Kind Regards,

So at least something is happening. I'm up to 3 mails for av now.

19. JohnPlayer

Still no mail!! has anyone got any ideas?

20. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Got mine about 15 minutes ago and installed on both machines. It should be coming soon....

21. JohnPlayer

Just got mine.:thumb: Only 57 hours it's taken!:thumbd:

22. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

I have just got mine so the problem must be resolved.

23. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The email commencing with "Dear Customer, This email is in regards to your recent order with us..." seems to have come from the British distributor. ESET as such didn't have problems delivering licenses, it must have been a local problem. We apologize in the name of the distributor for the inconvenience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.