Any Better Alternatives Than RoboForm?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DasFox, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I'm a Tech, so for my business and clients I'm considering other alternatives to RoboForm.

As a Tech sure I understand the technology about all of this, just that I haven't used all the different apps and I'm just looking for some user feedback on what's been working for you and what you like, etc...

A company I work with has me use RoboForm, to say the least I'm not happy with it, it's quite buggy and I've submitted several bug reports over the past month, the good Geek and Tech that I am, but I've also dealt with SiberSystems personally over the phone and I must admit there is a big lack of competence with this company and many of their staff I don't like... :thumbd:

THANKS

P.S. Since posting this I've used RoboForm, KeePass, KeePassX, LastPass, Sticky Password, Kaspersky Password Manager

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  2. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

3. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I'm asking form some information here, I can surf Google too and find everyone of them out there.

So next time you post please give some user input if you know any...

And the give away isn't even available, sheesh... o_O

4. aladdin

5. aladdin

Another good one is Password Depot.

http://www.password-depot.com/download.htm

I own all three:

1. Password Depot
    2. Sticky Password
    3. AIRoboform

Both Password Depot and Sticky Password can fill web pages and Windows programs as well. The new beta version 7 of AIRoboform can also fill Windows programs too.

6. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Well, I can tell you that I'm quite pleased with Keepass Password Safe.

To be honest, I don't know much about the other similar applications nor what they have to offer, but I just enjoy Keepass and the features it offers, like automatically inputing login information when opening certain websites.

7. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Roboform will do the same thing also.

8. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

So how do you like Password Depot and RoboForm compared to Sticky password?

Also I have RoboForm 7.0.69 and they told me this was a beta, then the tech support came back and said it was a final version. The company has really bad support with people that seem to not know what they are doing.

Hey if all of these companies are using Password Depot; http://www.acebit.com/references.htm then this is pretty impressive.

Wait a SEC here, has AceBit always developed WISE-FTP? If so I used that program like 10 years ago...

What are you talking about? I'm asking for RoboForm alternatives...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  9. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

LastPass :thumb:

10. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Oh man big yuck! :thumbd:

I do not like the idea that I have to make an online account to store everything, this is not good for a business, at least for the free version.

I've just tried Sticky Password, so far this is a lot better then LastGas, LOL...

Any others guys?

THANKS

11. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I have not used it recently, but I used Password Depot many years ago and I liked it. The free version (I'm cheap) would only handle a few passwords so I moved on to Keypass which I use manually. If I wanted a fully automatic replacement for Roboform I would definitely try out Password Depot. It has been around a long time and was always good.

12. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

lastpass is by far the best and most convenient IMO

13. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Password Depot seems like a really good application, but it doesn't seem very user friendly.

Logging into sites seems like a 3 part process when using the toolbar. Click the 'Group', next click on the 'Password' section, then click, 'Open URL'.

I don't know I just don't see a one step process like it should be, like a browser is, click a bookmark and go... Hmmm :blink:

I don't trust keeping my stuff on their site, I want a program more like Password Depot that stores locally...

And then that damm login, you always have to log in to keep it going or remember not to just log it out the first time you do, what a pain! :thumbd:

14. aigle

aigle Registered Member

There is one in kaspersky suite. It,s available as standalone from the original developer/ company( I forgot the name). Has any one tried it?

Thanks

15. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ye lastpass def isnt the right program for people that dont trust keeping their stuff online, but i never had a problem withthe login, i just have it save my login and im logged in every time i start my browser, almost never requires me to manually login

16. aigle

aigle Registered Member

LastPass is best. It,s free of OS and browser. You can configure for auto login or login via master password. many option.

You can use it just as a browser plugin without local install.

17. Rules

Rules Registered Member

18. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

It's called Kaspersky Password Manager ;)

And LastGas, I'll pass, LOL... :thumbd:

And guess what I just noticed? Sticky Password and Kaspersky Password Manager are identical in every way, except for the graphics. So did someone buy or steal someone's code? Hmmmm :blink:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  19. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks, as I remember they bought the rights, but i am not sure if it was sticky passwords or some other one. May be some Kaspersky user can tell.

20. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Can you have KeePass save login info as you start to log into a site like how RoboForm does, or you have to manually add the site in the Password Safe?

Do you use it in Firefox and if so how? Seems like every time you want to go to a site you either have to have it bookmarked or open the Password safe as Ctrl, Alt, K and open the site...

Yeah I don't like what I'm seeing, doesn't make sense that two are identical and still being developed. I figured if you bought the rights then you aren't going to want the other one being developed so you are exclusive.

Hmmm :blink:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  21. pbmcmlxxi

pbmcmlxxi Registered Member

Lastpass gets my vote.
    Works well. Free. I trust them.
    No login problems using lastpass for me.
    :thumb: Lastpass :thumb:

22. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

There are two excellent other solutions I know of :

TK8Safe, which is excellent and quite reliable
    and a new solution still in Beta but quite efficient;
    1password for windows (it's a must have on a Mac)

23. guest

guest Guest

24. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Let me give you some real input, DasFox.

You are not doing this company a favor by starting a personal mission and find another personal favorite. If bugs are in the way of your functioning for this company, then you should file bug reports with Customer Support of Roboform. I'm sure that your company has a service agreement.

What kind of information are you looking for? Help us out here, I flunked the mind reading class that I took. You seem to know what you want to get from respected members here, but you let us figure it out by making untactful comments.

I usually have great experience with Customer Support in general, and they seem to appreciate my detailed information. Support is a two direction road.

How did you earn this entitlement of degrading expressions? From experience I have gathered that each and every solution has advantages and disadvantages. What works for other members may not work for you, but if the response here didn't help you, you might still be careful with that attitude as if we are not willing to help you.

If you don't get the right answer, then perhaps you didn't formulate your question well.

25. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I used KeePass for a long time and liked it. But I have recently switched to LastPass and will never go to anything else for the foreseeable future. It's the best because everywhere I go, my passwords are with me and safe. I have found nothing else that does this nearly as well.

As for business use, LastPass it the ultimate partner for business users. Passwords can be at every computer you use and every mobile phone. I am officially spoiled!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.