Any alternatives for Scroogle? Anonymous search for Google?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by GKarista, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Infowars can find a conspiracy anywhere. I bet they could make one up about Captain Crunch Ceral. That's how they make their money. They have to keep churning them out or they'll lose their business. I wouldn't place much confidence in anything that would say about anything.

2. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Star page is really good. You can go to settings and tell it not to filter websites or videos. Otherwise it will filter stuff for kids. I like the Highlight search terms feature, since that disappeared from Google. So I check it. And then I click on Generate a URL. I copy and paste that in as my home page. Most of the search results can be opened through the proxy that they offer. It's awesome! The first few results though tend to be ads, so skip those.

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Yes i do ! Alex Jones & InfoWars provide a platform that discusses etc Lots of important topics, that the mainstream media CHOOSE to ignore due to their twisted bias & who pays their bills etc. Without www's like IW we would know a Lot less about what's Really going on, & by who & why etc. Sure they are not a charity, so need $ to survive, just as we do. And @ least they are trying to get the word out around the globe to as many people as possible. That's why they produce many high def films, many for free, and encourage people to copy/distribute them. As they own the copyright on them, it's all legal. What are most people on here doing to fight the power etc ? Not much i expect. Then don't complain as it keeps getting worse for you & yours etc !

And here's one for caspian ;)

4. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Oh yeah & another thing, thousands of posts on here over the years about PRIVACY related topics etc. So you "might" think lots of members would be glad of knowing about other resources that publish such things, & that have links to even more, which then lead to even more etc etc, building up more & more knowledge & info over time. DUH !

Living in a bubble won't last long anymore !

5. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

As a Google replacement, I'm liking StartPage more than Disconnect Search.

6. MrBrian

Firefox extension Biscuit can selectively save cookies from deletion.

7. MrBrian

StartPage sometimes doesn't show as many results as Google. For example, try
    Code:
    intitle:ocsp site:bugzilla.mozilla.org

8. MrBrian

9. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

OK, I have started to use StartPage again and I like it, but bump another problem, is it possible to open images in non-proxy link?
    I use FamilyShield DNS, which blocks proxy obviously, so I can not open it, is there a workaround or back to google? :doubt:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.