ants

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Bethrezen, Apr 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

Can some one please clarafiy this for me im lookin to get a good reliable free easy to use and non cripled anti trojan coz i dont got one right now and i was wondering which one it better trojan check or ants o_O

iv looked at the post for ants and im confused what is the difrence betwen 2.2 and 3.0 is are that both free ?? is one free but funtion limeted

is 2.2 the international version and 3.0 is the english version

if this is so then why is one goin to i have a back ground moniter and the other not if thay are the same program just in difrent laguages ??

when is it goin to be avalible coz there have been like 3 difrent dates set one said may one says june and i think the other said some time april

the only resion i havent got ants already is coz its in german and i dont speak german

HELP !!!! im confused

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Bethrezen,

1) ANTS v2.2 has been "renamed" into ANTS v3.0;
    2) v3.0 Lite will be for free but limited; Full English version though;
    3) v3.0 Private will cost money, and isn't limited - TrojanCheck will be incorporated in this version;
    4) Final release will be June 1th. V3.0 Lite/Full English will be released few days later - after testing.

regards.

paul

3. Bethrezen

Thanks for that things are a bit clearer now guess ill just have to wait till its released

now ya say trojen check will be encorparated in to ants 3.0 can you elabarate a liltle bit more on this o_O plz

4. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

As you know TrojanCheck searches mostly for unknown trojans and ANTS mostly searches for known one. So Leo (the author of TrojanCheck) and I decided to "combine" our two programms.

ANTS 3.0 uses some nice new features which are a developement of the features of TrojanCheck. If Paul doesn't disapprove I will post some futher informations and screenshoots of ANTS 3.0 personal and lite :eek:).

Adieu, Andreas

5. Paul Wilders

Andreas,

Be our guest  ;) - go ahead.

regards.

paul

6. Paul Wilders

Hi Andreas,

Should have realized you would promote the commercial version first  :cool:; so here it is  ;)

As a matter of fact, this:

is in fact what I'm looking forward to. Would you mind opening a new thread: "screenshots ANTS Lite" ?

regards.

paul

7. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

step by step - i will give you "a few peanuts" every day ;o). I think it might be better to make 2 threads:

Screenshoots and facts about ANTS 3.0 personal

and

Screenshoots and facts about ANTS 3.0 lite

Is it ok?

Adieu, Andreas

8. Paul Wilders

Andreas,

apart from the peanuts part (no!): you are welcome. In case you will open a new thread concerning ANTS v3.0 Personal (Commercial): in order to avoid doubles, please delete your post including screenshots in this thread (copy and paste them into the new thread if yo want to).

regards.

paul

9. Blacksheep

Blacksheep Spyware Fighter

Hello Andreas,

Screen shots and info on ANTS very impressive! I would be most interested in more info, and perhaps obtain a beta in English ASAP?

Regards,

10. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

Betas of ANTS 3.0 private are only in german, sorry. But i think the release candidates (there are 2 planned) will be available in english, too :eek:). But i think it will be possible to provide an english beta of the lite version. I will try to hurry to give you more facts and screenshoots of other ANTS 3.0 lite and personal modules as far as possible :eek:). My personal goal:

ANTS 3.0 lite rc1 within the next 3 days :eek:).

Adieu, Andreas

11. Bethrezen

More info on ants GRRRate cant wait please do  :D

12. Paul Wilders

13. Blacksheep

Blacksheep Spyware Fighter

Thanks for reply,

Will look forward to rc1! Am presently running TrojanHunter and BOClean.

Regards,

rc & beta tester

14. I read somewhere that an English version of ANTS 2.1 had been released but I can't find out where to get it.  Can someone help?? I really would like to use ANTS but am not sure I could use the German version to best advantage.

15. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

Where did you read this?

16. I read the following on the old wilders.org boards:  On 12/22/01, the real wizard wrote, "Okay I start a thread where everyone is invited to thank Paul for making ANTS 2.1 english version available for free."

17. Gnostic

Gnostic Registered Member

I have been thinking about using Ants 2.1 and TrojanCheck on my computers. I understand that they protect against trojans in differing ways.  I have read that Ants 3 (commercial version) will combine the two programs but that the Ants 3 free version will not. Will Ants 2.1 and TrojanCheck both work effectively after the new version of Ants is released? Can someone who does not know German use Ants 2.1 effectively? Any thoughts?

18. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

if it more then 10 dollars im not buying it lol=) they made me wait to long plus what can it posiably have that bo clean and tds dosent

first time i heard these ..... was going to come out with a free verstion with a spam thing if you donated a buck or something to that effect it got rid of the nag but since wilders would mirror the download link and pay for bandwith it would be free from the nag only at wilders.

so how much money is the full verstion and us money blaze cross arms taps foot.

it cant posiably be all that if it has so many errors that its 3 months past the due date errrrrrrrr

19. Paul Wilders

Bryson Baily,

You are probably referring to threads in our archives, especially some mentioned over here:

http://pub24.ezboard.com/fsecureyesecurityfrm5

FYI: there has been a German release from ANTS v2.1 as far as I know. No official English version has been released, since all rapidly focussed on v2.2 (now being v3.0 Lite).

I suggest waiting for ANTS v3.0 Lite a couple of weeks, being vastly improved and full English as well.

Gnostic,

Ants v2.1 (official release in German language only) does work flawlessly in conjunction with TrojanCheck. Furthermore, I would recommend any English native speaker not to use a German version, but wait a couple of weeks for the upcoming ANTS v3.0 Lite. One can use TrojanCheck in conjunction with this new v3.0 Lite (full English version) as far as my info goes. Be sure to uninstall any previous installed version from ANTS before installing the new version.

Sir Blaze,

ANTS v3.0 Personal will cost you far more then ten US bucks. Since you have both TDS and BOClean installed, there's no direct need to install just another one as well IMHO - at least not as a resident running app.

regards.

paul

20. Mr.Blaze

you know its bad when they dont give you a price lol is it so much that i have to put it on lay alway or knock over a bank lol.

or is the main cost cause they send you a cd over seas

only way id buy the little buger or think it was worth it is if when it came out it had green lantern and other us trojan sig to remove them then id definitly would buy that.

anything that kills goverment spy ware is worth money.

otherwise all you going to hear is this...........................................................................................................................................................flussssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

21. Paul Wilders

Sir Blaze,

Prices have been posted in a previous thread:

regards.

paul

22. Mr.Blaze

what is euro=/

23. Paul Wilders

Have a look at the financial pages  ;). I believe one Euro = aprox. 88 USD cents.

regards.

paul

24. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

Euro is the currency in german, austria, france, italy, greece and a few other states. Its the offical currency of the european union :eek:).

25. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Not quite - it's the official currency of those EC members who have joined in Monetary Union.  The UK, Sweden and Denmark are among the very few states who have no wish to adopt it, at least not until their governments can bypass democracy and abuse their citizens' rights to refuse it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.