ants & gladeator questions

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Bethrezen, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

anyone know when a finished version or eather ants of gladator will be finished as at the moment i dont have an anti tojen

if there not goin to be ready for a while coz somone equenend a resnable free at i can use while i wait for then to be compleated

on a side note i know i already asked this but i cant find that post so ill ask again has ants and gladator been tested of compatability as it is my intention to use both together when there done

also i know its a lil early to tell just now but which of the two is better ants of gladator ?

2. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

no clue if i was you i down load tds 30 day and im not sure but i think you can get the updates manuely

so if it finds a trojan you can go to nortion free tool section and get a tool to remove specific trojans

will for now id go with the old ants verstion at the free tool section at wilders.org but do not hit update other wise you turn it in to german or worst cause its been no longher suported also gladiator and trojan check with the enghlish file droped in to its main folder when you install it

that ought to give you some protection couldnt hurt to get gladiator to

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Bethrezen,

ANTS is in Beta - and Gladiator in Alpha. IMHO no one is able to predict when both apps will be finished/released as Final releases.

Far too early to tell. As soon as Final releases are available, one is able to compare.

regards.

paul

4. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

I would suspect that Ants will be ready first.

Only I haven't seen Andreas over at the beta testing board for a while, I just hope he is ok. :)

5. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

I am ok but there are a few "high priority" jobs i have to do first.

At the moment you cannot compare ANTS with any other anti trojan tool, cause its still a test version.

If it is ready it is a mix of BOClean and TDS - and i hope its a good mix ;o). Speed and simplicity of BOClean and the "power" of TDS.

Cause ANTS has a full documented PlugIn interface (Guard and OnDemand) every one can develope his own new features. Of course you can prohibit unknown plugins ;o).

I finished 7 plugins at the moment.

1. the scanning module is ready.
    2. autostart viewer is ready.
    3. netstat viewer is ready.
    4. quarantine module is ready.
    5. guard scanning module is ready.
    6. guard ids module is ready.
    7. guard task planing module is ready.

If anyone is interested in the ANTS "sdk" or has ideas for new modules or simply wants more information just post :eek:).

6. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Andreas, I would be interested in your SDK.

7. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

Andreas gladeator any new news on ya ATs its been a while scince anythin was heard so i though i would ask

sorry if this has already been asked/answered

though if it has i cant find it o_O

do ya got a compleation dates set yet ?? or are ya ATs still to early in development to say ??

8. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

>do ya got a compleation dates set yet ?? or are ya ATs still to early in
    >development to say ??

Every time i say a date something happens so i won't say one. At the moment i have to prepare a movement so i am a little bit busy ... .

9. Gladiator

Gladiator Guest

Hm some comments from me...
    First, Gladiator is not more "only" a trojan scanner.
    GAV (Gladiator AntiVirus) is already be able to detect more as 5000 viruses and sub-types.
    I take a "special" eye on backdoor / trojan detection, but like Paul said: It stills alpha so far. I am updating nearly each day and i did test the first GAV "on-access-scanner" prototype.
    That means a Realtime Monitor.
    I'm driver developer so this should not be a big problem for me.
    I think at the end of this week i have my generic unpack engine for the most common runtime-packers ready. This will be a big improve.
    And you will never have a "best" AV or AT Software.

You can read here more about this: (this is my mind):
    http://www.gladiator-antivirus.com/home/topics.php?op=viewtopic&topic=11

Best regards,
    Gladiator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.