AntiVirusKit 2006 User - Urgent Help Needed!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by smith2006, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Hello,

I have recently bought a copy of AntiVirusKit 2006 (English Version) online from one of the resellers.

The copy available at the reseller's site is V16.0.3 & I understand that the latest version available is V16.0.5.

When I try to perform a software update using AntiVirusKit 2006, the remark is always "No update available. You have the current version".

There is a copy of AVK2006_upgrade.exe available at their site www.gdata.de which requires the 25 alphanumerical serial code to retrieve. When I tried to retrieve using my serial code, it is always the remark "Fehler bei der Eingabe: bitte kontrollieren sie Ihre Eingabe" (translation using language tool:Error during the input: please they control your input).

I have sent email messages to Sales At gdata.de & Hotline At gdata.de, I have also filled up the support form (translated from German to English using Google Language Tool), but still no reply.

How should I go about to install the latest version? Must I fill up any registration form at the website (I found one registration form in German but this product is not listed there) to validate my copy? If the answer is Yes, may I have the web address?

Any help will be appreciated.

Have a nice day!

Cheers
    Smith

Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  2. smith2006

Hi,

None of the AntiVirusKit 2006 users experienced this before?

Cheers
    Smith

3. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

I have never used AntiVirusKit, so I can't really help you out, but have you contacted the reseller to see why they aren't able to provide you with the latest version that you paid for? Surely if they're a bona fide reseller, they ought to be keen to provide as up-to-date products as possible? If they can't, or won't, pass that on to Gdata as they may wish to review that reseller's status...

4. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Try this email address:
    b-vertrieb@gdata.de
    or
    Sales@gdata.de

This is a english speaking sales guy whom can fwd your request to the right people.

BTW which hotline email address were you sending it to, there is an english one but I don't remember what it was, maybe hotline-eng@gdata.de or something like that.

HTH

5. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I had a similar experience with Acronis. I even had to mail to the reseller/agent to ask for an update. But never had the same version as on Acronis' site. All caused by translation delay only.
    Maybe that's the case here too :doubt:

Gerard

6. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Hi smith2006,

Sorry, I'm running AVK 2006 but I've never experienced such a problem o_O .I did update it 2 hours ago, after seeing your post, it did work for me, from the "program update" tab in the "actions" panel.

Are you sure you did enter the code without errors?

Do you already have done database updates?
    (I mean if you just bought it, maybe you didn't register yet on their update server?).

Cheers,
    nicM

7. smith2006

Hello All,

Thank you very much for your response and I appreciate it. :)

I have sent email messages to Sales(At)data.de, Hotline(At)gdata.de, Support-en(At)gdata.de and also to the reseller. I have recieved no reply.

I think I made a wrong move buying this product - a good product indeed but with poor customer support(at least for International customers). :(

I am at my wit's end.
    ..........................................................................................

Hello nicM,

My profile should be in the update server as I was assigned with an account number and password.

I can also retrieve my record (account number and password) by providing my serial code here, it is sent to my email account with no problem at all :

http://www.gdata.de/gdc/avkuserdaten

When you got your copy (which I believe is not the latest version V16.0.5), how you went about to update it? Did they send you a link to download? Or you can use the "software update" function to retrieve?

Cheers
    Smith

8. nicM

nicM nico-nico

I did get mine in box-version, not by download indeed; it was in september, or october, I don't remember... so I didn't get V16.0.5 of course, but all updates went fine for me, database and software. I update it by the "software update" button in the Actions panel.

Did you try to mail them at the adress from which they sent you the "welcome" mail, just after activation? By the way, there should be a phone number in this mail, according to the manual (I'll try to find the mail I received, to check that).

You're not the first one to complain here about their support... I didn't have to contact them so far, then I don't have any experience about their support myself.

Good luck to you ;)

nicM

9. smith2006

Hello nicM,

I just received a reply from Hotliner(At)gdat.de claiming that V16.0.3 is the latest version and there is no software update. Rediculous reply! o_O

Well I would rather write it off than to call the support.

The phone bill will cost more than what I paid for the software as I live far away from Europe. Beside that, I doubt the support staff are versed in English.

Have a nice day!

Cheers
    Smith

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  10. dan_maran

Maybe .5 is only German and English is still .3 ;)

11. smith2006

Hi,

That is a possible explanation.

Release V16.0.5 was available quite sometime back (Dec 2005?) and the English Version is still not available after 3 months. If that is the case, it reflects very badly on the company.

Even the trial copy of Antiviruskit 2006 (Polish Edition) is of the latest version: V16.0.5 with Signature File dated 20 Jan 2006 (I have tried out this copy, same for German Edition), compared to the trial copy of English Edition: V16.0.3 with Signature File dated Nov 2005.

http://www.gdata.pl/pl/download/index.html

Cheers
    Smith

12. dan_maran

They are usually a few months behind in their english translation. Remeber GData's biggest areas are Germany and Poland. ;)

13. smith2006

Hello likuidkewl,

I think that is the case.

Perhaps they can come out one with Multiple Languages Installer and let the user chooses what language to install. ;)

Have a nice day!

Cheers
    Smith

14. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

@smith2006: Did you purchase GDATA AVK from http://www.antivirus.net.my ?

And does GDATA offer free upgrades lto their program (e.g. 2005 to 2006 versions) like some others? If yes, what is the process for upgrading AVK? o_O

15. dan_maran

Yes they do, once your language is out you can email them and then they ask for your license info and then they give you a new one for the remainder of your license.

16. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Hi smith2006,

As said likuidkewl, that's possible that English version is still 16.0.3, I remember when I tried it before to buy, there was a 2006 trial in German only first, later came the French, and the US... Seems their translating teams are not working at the same rythm, and it maybe depends of their markets too. I know they try to be good about the French one, because they seem to sell a lot here (very good reviews in magazines, etc), so perhaps they've sort of priorities, who knows.

I did talk about phone support, because they claim to have phone-support at local-rate here, in France, I thought it could be the same for you :) .

The only way to know is to wait for someone running AVK 2006 in English who will see this post and tell which version (03/05) he's running...

Cheers,
    nicM

17. Firecat

If that is the case, then I can easily buy GDATA AVK 2004 from http://www.antivirus.net.my for USD 19.95 and then get a free upgrade to the 2006 version? o_O

Thats a good deal IMO. Has anyone tried it?

18. smith2006

Hi,

I think most likely it is the case.

By the way, I have managed to get a reply from the support & they provide a link to download the English Version (dated 21102005, which I doubt very much is V16.0.5).

I shall wait patiently for the V16.0.5 English release. :)

Cheers
    Smith

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  19. smith2006

Hi,

Yes, I got my copy of Antiviruskit 2006 there. :)

Are you a forumner from ZoneAlarm Forum? I started a thread there with the URL.

I guess likuidkewl has answered your second question.

Cheers
    Smith

20. smith2006

I doubt that is possible.

2004 to 2005 might be possible.

21. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

22. Firecat

I only found these two (you can buy from either site), and it seems http://www.antivirus.net.my has cheaper prices. Also, this reseller only recently started selling the 2006 version (even some 20 days ago, it was still selling 2005), so it can be a little late with version 2007 too I guess.

23. smith2006

Hi,

To purchase online from gdata.de, it cannot be done by using a free email account (Hotmail, Yahoo etc).

Here is an extract from the site.

Ordering if you use a free e-mail address

E-mail addresses from free e-mail providers such as hotmail.com or yahoo.com are not accepted for online orders placed with credit and/or debit cards.
    Though we are aware that both Hotmail and Yahoo offer fee-based accounts, we cannot distinguish between free and fee-based accounts. If you only have a free e-mail account, please select cash, check or bank transfer as your payment option; free e-mail addresses are accepted for those options. Alternatively, you can place your order via fax for manual processing. However, since online orders are processed automatically, they take less time than fax orders.

UNQUOTE

There is no such restriction using the service of www.antivirus.net.my, I registered using my Hotmail account.

Cheers
    Smith

24. smith2006

Hi,

There are others selling this product online.

So far www.antivirus.net.my has the most competitive price. :D

Cheers
    Smith

25. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Thanks Firecat and smith2006!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.