Antivirus

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by fosl, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fosl

fosl Registered Member

Hello,

I have been using RVS for a while now and really like it. I just installed the latest free version of RVS on a windows 7 home premium 64 bit laptop. I currently have microsoft security essentials installed. I am thinking about uninstalling mse and using the virus guard in RVS. My question is, will virus guard provide realtime protection even when RVS virtual mode is not engaged?

Thanks

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi fosl,
    Yes

Mike

3. fosl

fosl Registered Member

Copy, Ill uninstall mse and give rvs virus guard a shot.

Thanks Mike

4. pegr

pegr Registered Member

If you are planning to run with RVS virtual mode enabled as your normal mode of operation then Virus Guard on its own is fine. If not, it might be better to use Virus Guard as a supplement to your existing antivirus rather than relying solely on Virus Guard for protection when the RVS virtual mode is not engaged.

Before making a decision about this, I suggest reading the following review first then decide: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2363906,00.asp

5. Coldmoon

Hi pegr,
    The Virus Guard earned a VB100 award for August in the new 3.2 generation. The PCMAG review you reference was for the previous 2010 version.

For fosl: MSE and RSS 2011 get along fine so you do not need to uninstall it if you prefer to keep it.

Mike

6. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Good to know it's improving. :)

7. fosl

fosl Registered Member

One more question. Is there not an option to scan an individual file or folder? I am unable to find such an option via right clicking on a file.

Thanks

8. Coldmoon

That is available in the Full scan feature as a custom scan. To do this:

1. Open the RSS 2011 GUI
    2. Open Virus Guard > Scan > Full Scan > Start
    3. Select the appropriate level (your files only or all files for all users)
    4. If you are only seeking to scan a specific file and/or the folder it is in, uncheck the other options in "areas to scan", select "Scan defined files and folders", then open the "Define List" link to specify which files and folders you wish to scan (custom scan)

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.