Antivirus Studio 2010

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mamma_caz, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mamma_caz

mamma_caz Registered Member

Hi folks, anyone out there know how to remove this blasted virus from my 'putero_O

2. overangry

overangry Registered Member

3. mamma_caz

Thanks x

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does running a full scan with a fully updated ESS reveal the malware on your computer? AS2010 is a rogue AV that we try to detect as soon as possible, if not detected proactively.

5. mamma_caz

Does running a full scan with a fully updated ESS reveal the malware on your computer? AS2010 is a rogue AV that we try to detect as soon as possible, if not detected proactively.

I ran a scan as soon as Eset was downloaded, it cleaned out 13 infections but not this flippin thing so I need a piece of software that will kick the virus off, I have been recommended rkill.exe but I need to check that this would do the job.

Any help is gratefully accepted...

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you please check and make sure that you have the virus signature database version 5571 installed? Also try running a full scan using the Online scanner and let me know if it finds somethig.

7. mamma_caz

Thanks I will, I will be going to have a look when I finish work and after the final milking around 6pm but I will certainly try and go through ESET rather than using anything external, that is what I was hoping for by joining the forum.

I will keep you informed..

8. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

This rogue is also detected by Malwarebytes antimalware (free and paid) - my removal process for this junk is:

1. restart in safe mode with networking - http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml
    2. reset internet explorer - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
    3. download + update mbam (I have multiple locations and different filenames - some threats block the download the default installer of Mbam)
    5. installer ccleaner - run the cleaner to delete temporary junk - less to scan - then use this tools to edit the startup programs - disable anything you don't recognize (don't delete - you may need to reinstate your printer or camera software once you get rid of the malware)
    4. full scan with mbam
    5. full scan with all options turned on with ESET
    6. restart - you should be in a lot healthier place

The trouble is your scans might take several hours each if you have a full and large hard-drive...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.