Antivirus software poor against top three Trojans

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by kasperking, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

so says Trusteer........http://www.computerweekly.com/Artic...tware-poor-against-top-three-trojans-says.htm

2. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

This doesn't surprise me.

3. PrevxInfo

PrevxInfo Registered Member

It looks like Prevx and Trusteer are saying almost the same thing on these three Trojans.

http://www.scmagazineuk.com/a-uk-specific-banking-malware-is-hitting-users-and-proving-difficult-to-detect-for-anti-virus-vendors/article/165947/

"Asked about detections and how many infections there have been, Boodaei said that he did not have specific details, as every piece of malware is different.

Data from Prevx showed that it first saw attacks on the 4th September last year and until yesterday it had seen 97 agents with 50 unique executables. Of those variants, the highest was with 17 detections of one file name. Echoing Boodaei's comments of how unique it is, most filenames had only one agent seen.

Prevx also found that the largest detection was in October last year, with another peak in November."

4. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

I am surprised that people still care about (and use) AV software. It's a relic of the past and ineffective most of the time. Let us move on.

5. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Well, AV is still the most comfortable security solution, install and forget. I could be without AV, but I prefer to have something in background, just to be sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.