antivirus live cd that don't leave files on the computer

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mantra, Jun 26, 2015.

1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi

i want to create a usb stick with some antivirus cd live

but in the past i noticed that some of them ,leave updates or other files in the drives

may i know which antivirus live cd don't leave files on the host machine?

thanks

2. Blueshoes

Blueshoes Registered Member

Never have seen one that does not. If you don't want that, then you will have to manually remove them yourself.

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

i have noticed that after performet a database update ,they leave files and folder on the host machine

4. itman

itman Registered Member

I use this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline . If installed on a USB stick it is updatable. As far as I am aware of, all sig. updates are done directly to the USB stick and nothing is stored on your PC hard drive.

Tip: Do updates to the product with the USB stick plugged into a port when WIN is running. Much faster than doing when booting from the USB drive and updating the product. Also off-line updating a bit flakey in that Win Defender does not check for updates prior to doing a scan but will check after the scan completes? This will result in you having to scan twice ..............

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.