antivirus comparison chart 3/15/2004

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bigc73542, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Suggest another then? I am always open to suggestions? Mags are only one source of good information. Is there one you like better for print media?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Jan I believe we both just had a bad day and used poor choices in the way we responded to each other and I have made a vow to try to keep a similar incedent from happening again. And I also appologize for a very tacky response in this thread.

curt

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

PC World & PC Magazine, et alia, are *pop technical* publications. I doubt that they are designed for security aficionados, such as the denizens of Wilders. Therefore, it has been my observation that their reviews are largely subjective, & are mainly geared to those products with which the buying public is familiar. I view them as *fun to read* but I wouldn't spend money based solely on what they suggest -- noooo way!

Lately those magazines are branching out into digital cameras, cell phones, TV sets -- if it has a chip anywhere inside it, just about ANY product is considered worthy of inclusion in those magazines. That's why I just dropped my subscription to PC World, & am considering doing the same for PC Magazine (whose one redeeming feature is that it has 2 columns by grouchy old John Dvorak.)

Why PC-Cillin became PC World's best buy is, however, a mystery to me. Symantec usually has more advertising pages in PC World than Trend Micro, so it isn't solely based on $$$. Go figure o_O

However, PC-Cillin *could* be a best buy if one uses the rebate offer at amazon.com -- it's only $19.99 for PC-Cillin 2005 at...
    HERE.

The rebate is only for those who have prior versions of PC-Cillin or Norton.

4. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Well said bellgamin, you said it much more eloquently than I did. I think I might have contributed to the squabble between bigc and fanj so I also apologize for my actions err words also. btw I did not renew with PCW or PCMag either. For what it's worth.

Regards,

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Thanks Curt !

I too am really sorry for my words !

I am really happy we could solve it !!! :D

Thanks to you too flyrfan111 !

Warm regards, Jan.

6. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Fellow Creatures,
    Anyone who has over 5K posts should have forgiveness for occassional quick temper post. Just my thoughts.

So sorry it should read: Anyone who has over 5K posts should be forgiven for occassional quick temper post. Just my thoughts.

If anyone finds a good Mag drop me a line or post. I agree PC World has gone way out and off it's original mission. Lots of ADs to, too much :p

Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  7. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Nothing wrong with vigorous exchanges.
    Implies high level of critical analysis underway.
    I note always moderation applies in the end.

eveybody has own set up and defends same.

Agree PC mag has lost it sell, sell ,sell.
    That article obviously aimed at very general readership

Why does MKS VIR almost never get a mention?

Any extensive test published (most recently I think in dlsreports) gives MKS a huge wrap.

I always feel a bit nervous about replying to some of these very high powered threads :eek:

8. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Is that Daffy Duck?

9. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Google :p

I just know I don't like PCMag ;)

10. westwind

westwind Registered Member

subjective

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.