AntiVirus 2009 has plagued me...

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by I_need_help, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_need_help

I_need_help Registered Member

It has now infected mozilla firefox which is the browser I've been using since Internet Explorer has gone haywire.

A million pop-ups keep showing up telling my I have malware and virus infections and that my computer might crash, and insists that I download the file. I refuse naturally but with all the pop-ups I just close the browser in frustration, not able to continue browsing the internet and such. I'm also fearful that I'll click ok by accident and have it installed, since the pou-ups are usually all over the place

and I was so sure I've gotten rid of it... damn it.

oh and what's you guys' take on "VIRUS ALERT!" that is next to the clock on my desktop screen? what's causing it? it's on the taskbar, where the start button is, and the time, everytime I send an email or such the time has "VIRUS ALERT!" next to it? any suggestions?

btw I'd like to thank the many that helped me before, I was able to get the task manager as well as the All programs button back

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The rogue software has made some changes to your OS and your user profile . As long you clean/remove the pest , there are some tools you can use to revert the unwanted changes AV 2009 has made to your computer.

Since it is Wilders policy that malware cleaning services and suggestions aren't allowed , you'd better contact ESET Technical Support or post in a forum providing malware cleaning services (such as AumHa forums)

3. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I_need_help,

Since this malware problem surfaced, you have started various threads and while certain of your issues have been addressed, the root of your malware problem has not. You were given support by Eset in this support by Marcos. I'm questioning whether you have followed thru with that request [​IMG]

Also, in this ongoing thread and in this thread also, it has been suggested that you visit malware cleaning forums with links provided. These type of malware issues can NOT be addressed by a willy nilly approach. If you have problems understanding what to do at these malware cleaning forums, by all means ask.

However, this will be the last thread started until it is shown you have visited one of these forums. In fact, We will be monitoring the various malware cleaning forums for this assistance. This is easily accomplished because We all stay in touch, sometimes behind the scenes. Once again, take the support suggestions presented by Marcos linked above or follow the malware cleaning forum suggestion contained in this thread and the other thread linked to.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.