antivir

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by waters, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waters

waters Registered Member

Is there a way to disable guard at start up,so i can use it for a while as on demand only

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I think only once it is installed. If you do it on the intial installation, it wont install. But I could be wrong.:rolleyes:

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

yeah i think you can just do a custom install and just choose to install the on demand scanner only. I know you can do this in the premium version, i'm not 100% sure about the free version.

4. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

You can. The install is pretty modular, and I have installed it as on-demand before with only the free version

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

5. jasonago

jasonago Registered Member

If you already installed Avira completely, you can disable the Guard In the Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services

Open Services and find "Avira Antivir Guard" or something related to Guard. Double click it and set "Automatic" to "manual". With this, the Guard Service will not load on startup.

6. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

It still will have the drivers installed though, and conflicts can occur with other real-time avs. instead, if you already have it installed, you can redownload the antivir install package, then run it, select the modify option, then select to remove the guard.

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.