AntiVir Updater "Hardball"!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by LambChop, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

wildman....
    see under g

http://www.corporateinformation.com/defext.asp

ellison

2. PCJohn

PCJohn Registered Member

Gmbh is a legal term and it means Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung. Translates to "Company with limited liability." In Germany, a GmbH means that the company is incorporated, but it is not publicly traded (as public companies must be AG's). GmbH's are essentially partnerships without a legal name, and there must be at least two partners. There must be nominal capital of at least 25.000 euro .

3. PCJohn

PCJohn Registered Member

4. waters

waters Registered Member

Of the free ones it does have the advantage of updateing at weekends.Updated today,and yesterday.However Wildman will have to wait for a weekday because avast last updated on friday.

5. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

As far as i know its only recently that antivir has been updating on the weekends ,and thats probably due to all the "bugs" in the 7 release.My antivir 6 premium very rarly updated on weekends,though i suspect it probably would have if there was some urgent virus outbreak.Nevertheless its not in the same leauge as say kav for updating ,but sufficent for me anyway
    ellison

6. FastGame

FastGame Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=119032

Thats a weekend on my calender ;)

7. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

That's not true. The only difference is, when you have one "Shareholder" (Einzelgesellschafter) that the payed up capital has to payed fully, for germany EUR 25.000. There are enough german GmbH's with only one shareholder. So there isn't from the legal point of GmbH law no need to have 2 or more shareholders. (GmbH-Gesetzbuch) That said if you have a GmbH with more then one mainshare holder the payed up capital on the companies bank account during day of incorperation has to be 12.500.- instead of 25.000 for a single shareholder. That's it.

8. PCJohn

PCJohn Registered Member

The website i quoted may not be 100% accurate.
    Just wanted to explain to wildman that Gmbh is a legal term like inc. and not a company name nor the parentcompany behind Antivir like he assumed.

9. PCJohn

PCJohn Registered Member

The most common type of business organisations in Germany is the company with limited liability (Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung = GmbH) governed by the Act concerning Companies with Limited Liability (Gesetz betreffend die Gesellschaften mit beschränkter Haftung - GmbHG). The shareholders participate by means of capital contributions into the share capital, broken down into initial individual payments on the total investment, but without being personally responsible for the company debts. Just one person is sufficient to set up a GmbH. The share capital must be at least EURO 25,000. In order to set up a GmbH, an agreement between the shareholders must be prepared and notarized by a notary public. The company's existence becomes legally effective upon its registration into the commercial register. The company name of the GmbH must always contain the addendum "with limited liability" or the pertinent abbreviation mbH.

http://www.germanbusinesslaw.de/

10. PCJohn

PCJohn Registered Member

11. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:) OK something like an LLC (Limited liability company) in this country, hay I learned something. This still doesn't change my opinion however, I see many post here and elsewhere stating good things in regards to AVAST, they out weigh the negative ones by a wide margin. I also know the qualifications of some of the individuals making such posts, and they are very well respected in the industry and considered experts.

Never did receive a reply as to how hard it was to obtain the commercial version of AntiVir outside of Europe, that to me speaks volumes. Never have seen anything written about AVAST in the same regard, that also speaks volumes. Also the updating of AntiVir has been an issue for many a year now, and apparently it continues to be so. Just for your info. H+BEDV hinted about doing something in this regard back around the year 2004, unless my calendar is wrong I think this is 2006. How long do you plan on being kept on the string? It would appear that a good many of you dance to their tune.

Thanks
    Wildman

Last edited: Feb 5, 2006
  12. vlk

vlk AV Expert

Wildman, I think there's no need to continue. Your antipathy against AntiVir is well known, and no one tries to argue with you any more.

I'm glad you like avast - but that doesn't necessarily mean that other products are bad, does it?

13. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:D In the over all picture of things, yes it does mean the other product is bad, and you know which one I refer to. I do not just mean the detection ratio either, but everything taken into account. It is not antipathy but rather outright disgust. AntiVir continues in my opinion to try and promote itself to a level which it flat has not been able to demonstrate that it can obtain, and it has been trying for a long time now. In my opinion, while the others have indeed had problems along the way, they have overcome them and move on with much more speed and professionalism.

Thanks
    Wildman

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.