Antivir Start Button

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by wpdmc, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

That,s a rather strange option to check for. I checked both in the past without problems.

WHy it updates each time on connection on dial up( as it is with me)?

2. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

AntiVir is very touchy about 'Scheduler'.

All I did was take a look through the settings (using "Edit") and did not change a thing. {Yesterday morning}

It has not done an 'auto-Update' since then (dozen DialUp connections) and likely won't till I have re-booted.

I will let it run past 1440 minutes to see if that has an effect.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit:- At exactly 1440 minutes (while online) it UpDated and I never saw it happen. I have it set for "maximized" but
    since I had an 'Active' page up front (this browser) it went on behind. (The "minimized" screen is "Always on Top".)
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Win98 backup system (rare to DialUp) will log an "UnSuccessful" UpDate every 24 hours.

Have it set to "Warn" after 14 days, added a Scheduled UpDate job with more days and have it checked, but 'default' job is all it will honor.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  3. PCJohn

PCJohn Registered Member

If you are on dialup you probably do not have to update so often.
    Once a week is enough unless you spend many hours a day on the net.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am using it on dial up for the last 2 weks, no problem in update and update doesn,t take more than few minutes.

5. PCJohn

PCJohn Registered Member

yes it is improved significantly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.