Antivir Problem

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by minacross, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .....

..... Registered Member

Just closed, with no message. Everything seems to be working fine (although a bit slow) now, got another update when i got in just now.

2. waters

waters Registered Member

I would sooner have this antivirus,with this large update to improve it,than avg or avast,with crap heuristics.Updateing is normally quick and frequent,at weekends,and often through the day.How many paid antivirus update once or twice a day only.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Mine updated in 50 min about more than 10 MB yerterday, on dial up.

4. SDS909

SDS909 Registered Member

+1.. Maybe Rezjor is using AOL or something, I have recieved several updates today in mere seconds. No complaints since the "Hiccup" yesterday, that was resolved easily.

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

But the problem is not with the virus definitions. Even on dial-up here, they are very fast updating and only taking taking seconds.

The main problem is seen with the large PROGRAM updates.

Further RejZoR is using the Classic Servers whereas we are connected to the Premium ones. IME, just connecting to the Classic Servers can be a problem with the Free AntiVir.

6. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Has everyone got their memory issues fixed?
    Because i am still getting 20Mb usage for avguard.exe and 16Mb for avgnt.exe
    Not to mention avguard.exe Private Bytes is running at 37Mb which seesm unusually high for me.

7. shek

shek Registered Member

It seems the memory issue has been fixed. Now memory usage for avguard.exe is ~20mb, for avgnt.exe it's is ~5mb.

8. iwod

iwod Registered Member

I must have misread or remember wrongly then. I always remember it uses 10Mb only.

9. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Has anyone seen this problem with systray-icon menu before?

The guard can't be controled anymore from here (menu entry is greyed), but only from the start panel. It's the 1st time I see such a bug.

(I guess it is gone after the next reboot though).

nicM

Attached Files:

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I have seen like this as well though in my case I think status was shown Unknown but guard was working. It solved after 1 or 2 reboots. I thought it to be related to windows update installation/ or some transient conflict with comodo firewall but I am not sure about any of these.

11. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Well, that's obviously a cosmetic bug only in my case, because I had such errors as yours before ("unknown status", "service stopped" too), but the error was displayed within the systray icon (umbrella closed). Here it is just a functional bug, as it prevents you from shuting down the guard; unless you open the start panel.

Btw it didn't disappear with a reboot; would be curious to know if other peoples are experiencing it o_O .

nicM

12. aigle

aigle Registered Member

In that case I was unable to shut down the guard as well as the option was greyed out with umbrella closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.