Antivir Premium vs BD 10 AV & test

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tec505, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tec505

tec505 Registered Member

Hallo.
    At the moment I've 1 Premium Licence and 1 BitDefender AV 10 licence (expiring within two weeks).
    I tested these two AV at this site: www.attac.net.
    I found that BD can block all EICAR samples before they have been downloaded on my PC. BD can scan & remove inside 12 levels compressed files.

AVIRA not exactly the same. I would not download anything infected! Is the difference connected to BD http scan (only in BD 10)?
    Could you tell me something about these differences? And if Antivir grant the same security of BD?
    I do not like multi-licences policy adopted by BD/CA/Trend/Microsoft and so on. I want be free to change every year (that's not what SW producer want!), so if I'm not able to have a sigle year/pc licence I ... (sigh) leave BD. :'(

So could anyone test (may be someone has just do this test) and tell me something?
    Thanks.
    My best regards.

2. FRug

FRug Registered Member

Malware in archives are not dangerous unless they get unpacked. For that reason AntiVir does not unpack files with the on-access scanner, since that means a significant drag to performance in many cases. Bitdefender scans archives on access, but only up to a certain (quite small) file size to avoid most of the performance degradation.

Your protection is not improved by scanning those archives with the guard, once you unpack them or run an on-demand scan, you will get your alert.

I've seen people fall for this www.attac.net test many times, it is stupid and irrelevant to gauge the quality of an av scanner by it.

3. tec505

tec505 Registered Member

Ok FRug.
    thanks

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.