AntiVir PP 6 Evaluation Link, legit for Americans?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by coldplay, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

Saw this posted today on AVIRA Announcements>

Release information Q1/07

2. MalwareDie

MalwareDie Registered Member

So, will it be pushed through an update? Or will Avira users have to download again, uninstall and reinstall?

3. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Good question o_O

4. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

In general, for a 'major update' I think it is better to uninstall and reinstall, I was already expecting to 'wait' on the Major Update to decide how to proceed (and save some overload on Classic Servers).

This was response to my question on the AVIRA Forum

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Looks like the rootkit detection is only for the Suite users. I thought everyone was getting that including the avira free users. But even the Premium users don't get it. It is the only thing that interests me in the update coming on Wed. I'm disappointed. I don't want the Suite (because I don't like Suites). I really can't tell any difference in this Premium version and the free version except that I don't get an ad when I update and it is easier to set updating to more often than once every 24 hours. Otherwise, there is no significant difference.

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

It appears that the Premium and Classic also get the anti-rootkit module. This from the Avira forum.

"Avira Premium Security Suite, AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium und Classic

* Support Windows Vista 32 Bit
    * Support Windows XP x64
    * New Avira AntiVir Rootkit detection (only on Windows 2000 / XP / Vista)
    Because of a new driver for the rootkit detection you have to reinstall Avira AntiVir
    * Popup messages have been replaced by slide ups
    * Avira AntiVir detects applications in full screen mode so the updater does not cause breaks of games"

I have not seen anything else.

Regards,
    Jerry

7. Jarmo P

Mele20, you seem always so hasty. It is propable that it will be pushed as an automatic update, but we will have to wait. A typical woman, hehe.

I read something on the german forum as I understand a bit that language that it will come in time. If not I will uninstall and reload the install file.
    Needs to be in admin account to do that update how ever it arrives of course and almost sure I will disable PG.
    Not sure as pilotart told about needing to uninstall first though. The given information from Avira are very vague and confusing.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  8. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I think it will be best for me to wait and see if the experts have problems. If there is one person that will have problems it is me.:mad:

Best,
    Jerry

9. zoli62

zoli62 Registered Member

Where is the direct link on the www.avira.com site to this offer? o_O I can not find.

10. Jarmo P

11. zoli62

zoli62 Registered Member

12. zoli62

zoli62 Registered Member

Thank you Jarmo, but i find direct link to this offer on the official site. It's exist at all? :) The Google find this url, but i see for nothing on the avira.com, do not find.... o_O

13. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

I think to add to my original questioning, if the new version update comes as an update like regular signatures, would it ask for a reboot before installing? If so it would prevent any possible troubles with Antivir PP set on Automatic Updates right?

14. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

15. coldplay

coldplay Registered Member

It's over, no more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.