AntiVir PE Automatic Updates?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by RejZoR, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I'm not quet sure where or how to set automatic updates for AntiVir PE.
    I looked in settings and there is some task scheduler that places one ugly icon in taskbar with sume strange commands without any control. Under another settings (for On-Demand i guess) there is a Automatic update option,but i'm not sure if i can trust it. I don't wan't to have one week old definitions.
    Can someone 100% tell me how to adjust this?

Definitions size isn't a problem since i have unlimited monthly bandwidth...
    Thanks

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Hi RejZoR,

To have an automatic updates:

1. right click in trayicon and select "Start AntiVir Main Program"
    2. go to "Tools" and select "Sheduler", click in "Insert" and choose "Internet Update" and click "Shedule"
    3. after, go to "Options" and choose "Configuration", in "Internet Updater" check the "Allow automatic internet updates downloads", click in "Settings" and check all the items...

;)

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Ok thanks :)

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Hm any other option? I don't like that Scheduler ugly icon in tray...

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I think that not... :(

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I was testing this new version with heuristics and its somehow pretty nice antivirus. It doesn't look so nice since it uses only 16 colors,but its fast and uses less resources then NOD32. It has Macro and Win32 heuristics which seems to be pretty strong on High sensitivity level. The only thing that is totaly missed is updating system. Big updates are not such a problem for me because i have ADSL (and probably most of you have broadband line),but the way how it updates. You have to set some stupid scheduler which can be set to only one specific hour (i.e at 14:00 PM) in day to check for updates and not interval style (i.e every 4 hours) and then 6 other settings just to set up updating.
    I think they should look into this if they want to make their free AV more popular. I'm sure they'll get more Pro users with this too.

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I total agre with you!

I already suggest some features on the AntiVir PE Forum, but...

You can see here: AntiVir in the future

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Ok the way i see their thinking i see they will be doomed soon. Philosophy of updating once a day or once a week only is just a cherry on the top.
    Not to mention they don't even plan incrimental update system. This would remove lots of unnecessary load on their servers and speed up updating process. And when this is solved they can impliment interval update system or even remote inwoke (like avast! Pro PUSH system) because there would be less load on servers since first two things would be solved.
    Its just funny how unlogical they think.

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Yep, but despite this, AntiVir PE is a very nice AV, but I hope that they implement this in the future, quickly... ;)

10. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Aaaaaa i removed this crap and stopped bothering with it.
    Everything is fine except updates. I manually runned update program and clicked Start. It passed 1 minute and nothing even checked if i have up-to-date virus defs or not. avast! takes 1 sec to check and start downloading VPS which is INCRIMENTAL damn it. I'm wondering how they can make such mistakes. Also their site is down most of the time :rolleyes: Argh back to avast! 4ever. Can't wait for 4.5. They at least improve things opposing the AntiVir whic seems to be stuck in the past century...

11. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

:D

the updates method of AntiVir is a really s**t, but unfortunately, they aren't sufficient intelligent to recognize that they are wrong...

12. minacross

minacross Registered Member

I am really fed up with them :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    AntiVir fired a FP weeks ago (Heuristics), I informed them about it but till now they did not fix it :rolleyes: o_O :( :'( :mad:
    Heusristics FP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.