AntiVir P.E. 7 Updater?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by LambChop, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I gave up too.
    Updating problems (again).
    Tried to be constructive because Antivir served me well for 3 years.
    Installed Avast and will see how it works.
    Only problem seems to be the slow registration so far.

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

The nag screen Premium ad is truly an idiotic pain in the ass. No two ways about it. Some folks don't mind it, but to me it's something I wish they'd reconsider and remove. There are other ways to entice people into purchasing the Premium version, the best being to simply produce a good product with added features. In my opinion, annoying people is no way to sell something.

3. Is Antivir PE Adware or freeware?

4. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:) Sort of what I expected. For anyone who wants to do the research you will find a good deal of information on just exactly how this company has conducted itself, and I am not talking about how well they do or do not do on any given test. Anyone can pick apart any particular post and spin it, but look at the over all pattern that has developed over years and draw your own conclusions. I have repeated many a time that I am no technical expert, but I do know what spin is and what it isn't. I leave it up to you if this individual is applying spin or not. One last question for all of you. How often have you seen this individual come and say the reason you can't obtain the updates is because the servers are overloaded and it's a big release? How often have you seen the other companies do likewise? No I don't have privy to all the inside information, but I do know the impression I am left with on each of the various companies, and H+BEDV leaves me with not a very good one. For some unknown reason, I don't think I am alone in this impression. Now we could carry this on and on, but even I say this is enough, you all can make up your own minds, but please use an open one and look at the entire picture not just one Small portion of it.

Thanks
    Wildman
    o_O :gack: :shifty: :isay:

5. Hi

Be carefull with antivirus software.
    One old bug returned on my pc.
    So dont forget to make a restorationpoint before installing any trial or new antivirus solution.

Greetings

6. Don`t tell anyone.
    It seems to work allright!!!!
    If you were dissapointed, try again.
    Take your time to walk trough the settings and set the right protection level with help of the "expert settings".
    Updating may not work the first time because of bizzy servers.

7. waters

waters Registered Member

Exactly

8. If you are on broadband fill in a zero twice when asked for a dialincode.
    Then you can go on with the settings and antivir will protect your pc like before.
    Do not update, download the new one from www.free-av.com unistall Antivir6 and restart, install the new program.

The biggest mistake made by H+Bedv will probebly be not testing how consumers handle the updating and new Antivir 7.
    tip: create a small testpanel of average pc users to find out the hurdles before releasing a new version.

9. LambChop

LambChop Guest

AMEN!
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.