AntiVir Desktop and Ccleaner Question

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by oma53, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oma53

oma53 Registered Member

Hello,
    First, this is a newly formatted system with Win 7 Pro, 64 bit. Upon installing Ccleaner I have noticed that under “UTILITIES” there is the following item:
    AntiVir Desktop
    For clarification, this is under APPLICATIONS / UTILITIES.
    My question is that I do not have a Avira product on this system. The only thing I can think of is that I have used the Avira Rescue CD. This was the new version recently of approx 500 megs.
    I know the old Avira R-CD did not modify the Windows system, but I am not sure of the new version.
    I have tried to Google “AntiVir Desktop”, but I can not come up with anything that fits my situation. The only threads I found concerning this was a rogue antivirus that was current in 2009. The Piriform forum does not answer my question either.

I do not have any pop-up's or re-directs. I use and have used the following to scan my system:
    Sandboxie (paid version)
    Security Essentials (full time)
    MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (free version, on demand)
    MalwareBytes Beta Anti Rootkit (free, on demand)
    Hitman Pro (free version, on demand)
    Avire Rescue CD
    Avg Rescue CD
    Kaspersky Rescue CD
    All show everything as clean.

The only instance that I can find of this name is in the registry as follows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Avira\AntiVir Desktop
    Under “AntiVir Desktop” is the following D WORD:
    Script_Version (Value Date is: d060015)

Has anyone seen this in Ccleaner that does not have an Avira product?

Obviously I do not know that much about computers so any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.