Antivir 7

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ellison64, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Hows antivir7 for 98se coming along?.Is it pretty close to a release?.I was thinking of trying the beta again to see how it performs on my PC (using AV6 PREM at moment).I did try the beta 7 early november ( i think) and i had some problems with it.Is it pretty stable at the moment with a decent low resource usage? and are there any outstanding issues with it that havent been fixed yet?.Just wondering whether its worth testing the waters before its final release.
    tia
    ellison

2. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

They have a RC out now. For me it worked pretty fine. However there seem a couple problems with updating right now. If you install the RC, and try to update, it will tell you you're up-to-date (wich is not sure, since the signatures are from the 20-12-2005). I didn't have this problem before. I leave a note when this is fixed :)

The final will be out later this month.

3. ellison64

thanks for the heads up...
    Just trying it now.The configuration window needs to be resizable though doesnt it?.At 800x600 ,part of the config screen remains under the taskbar at bottom of monitor and touching top of monitor screen too.There doesnt seem to be a way to resize it at moment (that i can see anyway).Though i guess this has already been reported by permanent beta testers.
    ellison

4. minacross

minacross Registered Member

I'm not sure of that :rolleyes:
    I'm running beta7 on my win98se and updating just fine :rolleyes: :D

Attached Files:

5. ellison64

I can confirm Sputniks query on the updater.It says mines up to date too , but the def files are from December.
    ellison

Attached Files:

6. ellison64

Minacross...
    Could you confirm whether you performed an upgrade install or clean install?.I performed an upgrade install ,so maybe that is part of the problem.
    ellison

7. joter

joter Registered Member

The problem exists and is still there on WinXP systems, after virus definition file version 6.33.00.112

Regards
    joter

8. ellison64

Thanks for confirmation.
    ellison

9. Sputnik

I hope they fix it fast, the problem is there for two days already. But besides of this (it ain't a beta/rc for nothing) AntiVir 7 is great!

10. ellison64

I notice the report of the attempted update seem to want to find that 20/12/05 update logfile for some reason ,but it isnt there.
    ellison

EDIT.....
    Mmm i think i must be dyslexic :) its looking for todays...

Attached Files:

11. Sputnik

@ellison64
    It's the same here, it also makes no difference whenever you use the new beta engine, or the "standard" engine shipped in the package. Please notice (before people start sreaming again) the problem exists with both the Premium and the Classic.

12. joter

joter Registered Member

I think that Antivir 7 is the pleasant surprise of the year. It's a huge step forward. More surprise than even the new extremely good KAV2006.

Regards
    joter

13. ellison64

Yes it does......i installed the classic by mistake , before i found the premium download and it has the same "bug".I also performed and "upgrade" from 6 premium , and a clean install to be sure but it makes no difference.Apart from that (and the annoying huge configuration with no resizing)...its great.
    ellison

edit
    I wish the splash screen might have had an option to disable in version 7 too.Not the initial windows boot one ,but the one when you double-click the antivir guard tray icon.Its completley unnessacary there.

14. joter

joter Registered Member

15. shawn25

shawn25 Guest

antivir 7 is just making my cpu freeze up

16. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:rolleyes: Sounds like a great program, one that everyone should rush out to use. Yup great news, and still behind schedule for being released. Way to go again H+BEDV.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :cautious: :blink: :ouch: o_O :gack: :shifty: :isay: :ninja:

17. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Now THAT should keep the viruses out of your computer. I wonder why other AVs never thought of that?:cool:

18. wildman

o_O Perhaps other AVs can get their act together!

Thanks
    Wildman
    o_O :blink: :shifty: :isay:

19. minacross

20. minacross

what's is going on :rolleyes:
    I have the problem now o_O :( :'(

Attached Files:

21. minacross

unistalling/installing the program didn't sove it :( :'(
    I uninstalled this beta version untill they figure out a solution for this problem :rolleyes:

22. TOOEVL

TOOEVL Registered Member

So anyone have information on when the version 7 final will be released? Everyone knows about the update problems,so are there any updates as to whats going on?

23. ellison64

There doesnt seem to be much info on the antivir forums either ,other than they are working on the updater problem.I dunno ...after trying the rc1 premium for a few days i cant make up my mind whether i prefer it over 6 now.There were a few things that irritated me ,like there was no "exit and close" command on the tray icon.In fact i couldnt work out how to shut it down completly other than terminating processes with a 3rd party program (anyone know how to completly exit the program?).I also dont like the splash when initiating from system tray icon either.And thirdly ,this updater "bug" seems to be taking an awfully long time to fix for a security programe (though in fairness it is still a beta)
    ellison

24. wildman

:cautious: Well, well are we starting to see that H+BEDV is perhaps what I have said it is all along? Hay I though all of you swore by this company? I thought all of you disregarded what I had been saying all along? Yup can't wait to see this one fall flat on it's face. Good program, right? Oops it can't be used or updated, must be real reliable however. Gee I guess we are just going to have to take your word on that. Hay who knows, they could surprise me and bring this out tomorrow. Gee with their track record, we all should feel confident that they can protect our systems.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :blink: :ouch: :gack: :isay:

25. ellison64

Theres nothing at all wrong with 6 wildman,and I guess until 7 is officially out of beta and released generally , the updater problem (whatever it is),is part and parcel of using/testing a beta/prelease product.My other complaints are personal preferences ,though, i would like to know how to "exit and close" in the same way that can be achieved in 6?.
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.