AntiVermins.com : New Rogue Anti-Spyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by SUPERAntiSpy, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

2. Toby75

Toby75 Registered Member

Escalader is very perceptive

3. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Sorry to waste your time Toby. Thought it might have been missed but it wasn't.

Have a good evening

4. SirMalware

SirMalware Registered Member

Our same old friends are at it again.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2006
  5. jennifer777

jennifer777 Registered Member

Just got in a laptop with this. It was active in safe mode which surprised me.

It looks it may have been downloaded when client downloaded free program Spam Fighter.

I tired a manual removal process at http://411-spyware.com/remove-antivermins but BE WARNED. That does not work and I am suspicious of that site now. The process seemed like a hoax to me. I was able to go back in time using Restore (XP computer) and fix the problem by then installing RegSupreme and removing several suspicious registry items and then installing the current SpySweeper which this client owned but was not up to date.

I also found a trojan.downloader.agent.AMC using Bit Defender 10 (my favorite).

I'm still removing bad guys right now.

6. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

Spam Fighter is a legit program and is not associated with any malware.

The 411 site is a bit outdated and AntiVermins has been changing random filenames in order to avoid detection. A guaranteed way to remove AntiVermins (and other malware) is by using SUPERAntiSpyware and SmitFraudFix. You should also consider running CCleaner to get rid of temp garbage, then a Bitdefender Online scan, and maybe a McAfee Command line scan. You'll find more info in my sig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.