AntiSpyware real time scanners

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ajcstr, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajcstr

ajcstr Registered Member

Will Antispyware real time scanners conflict with antivirus real time scanners? It seems to me that if its not advised to run 2 AV's at the same time, this would be true for an AV and an antispyware.

Specifically I have NIS running and I would think I need to stick with on demand Antispyware apps because of realtime conflicts?

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well if u use a pure AS app with ur AV, it shouldn't have conflicts, like SAS for example. but i think NIS detects spyware aswell.

3. ajcstr

ajcstr Registered Member

Is there even such a thing as pure AV ? The line has grayed so much (in my opinion) that the AV's and AS's intersect with certain threats. I think NAV uses the same signatures as NIS - don't think there is an AS component in NIS that NAV does not have.

And I think nowadays, the Antispyware may be more important than the AntiVirus

4. firzen771

i said a pure AS, not a pure AV. most antispyware apps are MADE to be compatible with the AV's that u use. and im pretty sure norton does have antispyware detection in their software.

5. ajcstr

ajcstr Registered Member

Ok, so by pure AS, i believe you are saying, Spyware Doctor or Spysweeper real time should not interfere with NIS as long as they are not the versions that include antivirus. I guess the direction I was going in is that the AV is in a lot of cases looking for the same threats that the AS is which is the reason for my question.

6. firzen771

yes, as long as they aren't an AS with an AV then most should work, like my example, programs like SAS or MBAM, etc. would work perfectly fine in real-time.

7. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

In spysweeper you can shut off the av part of it. I have mine off and use the malware part and shields.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.