Antispam and Outlook 2003 Send/Recieve Problem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by ufg8r101, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ufg8r101

ufg8r101 Registered Member

I have just installed ESS beta 1a on my HP Intel dual-core 5600 machine running Windows Vista Home Premium and Office Professional 2003.

After installing, Outlook will no longer complete a Send/Recieve. It always stops at 88%. No matter how long I leave it, it will not finish.

To troubleshoot this, I disabled all of ESS, and Outlook completed the Send/Recieve immediately with no problems. Then, I enabled parts of ESS one-by-one to se which part was causing the problem.

Apparently, Antispam is causing the problem, because it hangs with Antispam enabled.

One other observation is that it always hangs on one of my email accounts. I have 3 accounts (all IMAP)...AOL and AIM accounts work fine... however my University (.edu) account is what always hangs. I don't know how that might be related.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

P.S. Besides that, I really like ESS...looking pretty good so far

2. GhostMan

GhostMan Eset Staff Account

Hello

more information, please. Are there any differences between mentioned mail accounts? Outlook hang up always? Even with various messages (so that we can be sure there isn't any corrupted mail)?

Regards.

3. ufg8r101

It always hangs on the ONE email account only... all of the IMAP accounts are setup exactly the same

The only difference between the accounts is the (.edu) suffix, which I don't know why that would make a difference.

To make sure it wasn't a server problem, I disabled the antispam, and it ran without a hitch.

I've also completely cleared out my inbox for that account, in case it was a certain email causing the problems.

Also, I am having problems opening and navigating emails on this specific account. It crashes Outlook quite often when trying to open emails from this specific account.

If you need more info, let me know.

Thanks!

4. GhostMan

GhostMan Eset Staff Account

Hello

seem strange to me. Check if there's something in event log maybe, even I don't think so... If accounts are exactly the same, this is mystery :).

5. ufg8r101

Nothing in the ESS event log that I can find, and nothing that I see in the Windows Event Viewer either that would explain this.

6. ufg8r101

I also often (but not always) get a "Remaining to Process: ##" box that never goes away after exiting Outlook. The "##" varies, and occasionally it will show (errors: ##) next to it... The box will sometimes allow me to "Cancel tasks" sometimes it won't.

Any ideas what's going on here? You think that these problems might be related?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.