AntiNetCut 2 - adware?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jfd15, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

is this thing adware- seemed like a legit program

i saw it recommended somewhere and installed it, now it seems to be opening
    an occasional browser tab to an advertising site...

2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

All I could find in English was a review on Cnet. Now, they aren't the most comprehensive reviews on the planet, but one of them also indicated it contained ads. So I went to the site, couldn't find a privacy agreement, downloaded the "lite" version, went to install it, still no license/privacy agreement in sight. Elected not to continue with the install.
    I don't think it's particularly malicious, but how would anyone know? It might be. Some "shareware" applications use advertising to support their development/costs etc. This is almost certainly one of those.
    That said, I would NOT have it on my PC, not without viewing some kind of EULA. If you want to keep it, I suggest you contact their support and ask to see this. But if I was you, I'd uninstall it.

3. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

Thanks Tarq57, i should have looked there...was just a little surprised as i thought
    this was a reputable program, i thought someone on here had mentioned it, maybe not ...time to uninstall...

4. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

I don't have the expertise to know; it actually might be quite a good application,(it looks useful and straightforward), but to my mind any program that doesn't "declare" itself is suspect.
    Just my thinking. There might be better or different views posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.