antimalware

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by monsunami, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

For anyone interested, once I let that security test past PG, Prevx also came up with an alert. I hit 'deny' and never heard from the test program again.

2. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Well , tried to install antimalware, and unfortunately my comp wouldn't reboot afterwards (safe-n-sec didnt for me either...I must be unlucky...later found out that was something to do with Zonealarm conflict).

Sent off an email to Trustware, so we'll see what happens.

3. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

SafeNSec also did funny things on my computer. I tried it three different times, but I don't think I will be revisiting it.

Antimalware sounds darn interesting. Hope others will report back their experiences.

Rich

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I just went to their website and I find their claim, that none of your other software will detect their intrusion. When I download any exe's Prevx always alerts me that they are being "installed" where I put them. It's annoying sort of but.... When I tried the test of my system, I did allow the download, which normally would be hidden. But pretending I didn't do this, and that it was malware, when Prevx alerted me to the exe "install" I denied it. It was never able to get to the point that Process Guard would have alerted me. So their claim nothing can detect their intrusion is a bit overhyped in my opinion.

5. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi Peter,

To be fair, they did say that they "will attempt to prove". ;)

" We will attempt to prove that none of your security systems will alert or identify our intrusion attempt."

Rich

6. monsunami

monsunami Registered Member

Actually what happened is that Antimalware has a buffer mode. I think it is to produce less pop-ups. It will let you install programs and run them in some sort of sand-box. I tested it and it doesn't completely trust programs that are run in buffer zone. Beware, some software won't work right in buffer zone. If you have programs you trust 100%. Make sure you go to settings and make it ask you every time you run installs. You will have to mess around with the settings a bit and read the manual. After that, everytime you try to install something, a box will pop-up. Click on trust, then another pop-up will show. Click on trust software components selection to checkmark it. Then your trusted program will be fully trusted. Btw, try to do windows update by putting IE into buffer zone. It wouldn't let you update windows.

7. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

That sounds very promising from a security perspective...it does exactly what it says (ie untrusted products cant effect your system), but if you are installing new trusted products, you need to let it know (although it should be easier to let it know)

8. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Has anyone had any further experiences with this ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.