antikeylogger?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Swizz, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swizz

Swizz Registered Member

Are there any free programs that are good at removing/detecting keyloggers and trojans (which often have keyloggers)?

I'm wondering if SpywareTerminator and A2 Squared fit into that category and if so are their detection rates good?

Thanks

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

A-squared free (on demand scanning), BoClean(Real-time, soon to be free) , Snoopfree, and Cyberhawk Free (Real Time) offer varying degress of protection against keyloogers GesWall Free offers protection against the proof of concept keylogging as mentioned in this thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=161474

Most antivirus programs offer some degree of keylogging protection as well.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

try these,

SnoopFree
    ZoneAlarm Pro
    Online Armor especially version 2
    CyberHawk( latest version gives many false positive key logging alerts about legit software)
    Primary Respone Safe Connect( Sana Security)

Personally I have found SnoopFree and ZoneAlarm Pro to be very good in this regard. But u will never find a software that detects most of keyloggers.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=143853&highlight=keyloggers

4. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

I wouldn't recommend SnoopFree as it is unsupported by its author and has compatibility issues that may lead to BSOD.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am not using it too as it is not updated, though I never got BSOD.( BTW BSOD can be caused by any software, not a big deal).
    It,s a nice application just to play with.

6. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Because you haven't used defense that protects from screen capturing. One more BitBlt kernel hook- and BSOD is right here!

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Not sure what u mean. If u mean another software protecting against scareen capture then Yes I have not used any other one alongside SnoopFree, SnoopFree itself protects against it so never combined another such utility with it.
    BTW when I tried there was no other familiar application giving this sort of defence. It,s just recently that PS and SSM added this type of defence.

8. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I suffered from that exact issue version after version u untill this latest one which to my surprise is not caused any issues even when running with various HIPS/AV's/AT's.
    Go figure. I always wanted to get the proggy in my system but is was always been a no go untill now. Works perfectly with my config so far.

9. true north

true north Registered Member

10. walking paradox

walking paradox Registered Member

Will you please elaborate on this perspective of SnoopFree as it is the first negative comments I've heard about the program. I think you typically know what you are talking about when it comes to computer security (you are the developer of DW, right? excellent prog btw), but you didn't really provide an argument or give any evidence to back up, support, or validate your attack on SnoopFree. Of course you don't have to do this, but then your comments aren't really constructive or helpful in any way. I was planning on adding SnoopFree to my setup sometime soon, but I will hold off for now in the hopes that there is some substantive discourse on this topic.

11. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Snoopfree here on my setup. Zero problems to date with conflicts of any kind.
    (Maybe I'm just lucky) IMO a fine app. (Not supported anymore thou)

12. BILL G

BILL G Registered Member

SnoopFree has worked very well for me for years. But if I run CPL Suite LeakTest I see a Problem. Can someone Confirm this. Also Why?

13. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

CPL Suite leaktest?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.