antihook free for home users

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by zorro zorrito, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

It works without issue or system drag - I mean as far as I "think" it works as I see activity One AT? Ewido sometimes draws a lot of CPU - and it's the free version. I'm not sure how to run TDS-3 as it's new(minimize to taskbar?) Isn't unhackme an AT as well? It says, "that's alright, no Trojan found"

Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  2. hollingwood

hollingwood Registered Member

As far as I can see nobody has come up with any suggestions to this. This is exactly the same as I get on my system, on every boot up, followed by "the application will now terminate". I have entered the registration key as supplied by email about 20 times (I am very patient!), but now finally as I am fed up with it I have uninstalled the program. So, I have not been able to find out how it really worked.

Hollingwood

3. starborn

starborn Guest

Are you using at least 2K/XP? AntiHook won't work on older OSes (9X/ME).

Have you installed the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1? You have to have it installed for AH to work. You can get it at MS Update.

Are you running ProcessGuard? You may have to allow AH to run.

Make sure you put AH in learning mode ("fingerprint running system" should have a check next to it) for the first couple of days.

4. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

5. Arup

Arup Guest

AH works fine on two PCs I have installed, both dual CPU machines, one a dual AMD and one dual P-III, both are running Win2K Pro SP4, combined with Jammer and CHX, forms a formidable protection.

6. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld Registered Member

Hollingwood,

When installing and oinly entering the key that was emailed to me, I got the same problem.
    You also have to enter what in the email is called user name (in my case it was my email address) in the line called site name just above the line where you type or paste the key they sent you.

However, I have found that when antihook is running, I get rather frequent hangs in various apps (e.g. Office Outlook) that have never shown any such problems when antihook is not started.
    I'm thinking of uninstalling it.

7. Ivo

Ivo Registered Member

Hello everybody,

We are proud to announce that the new version of AntiHook 2.5 has been officially released. As we have promised the home edition is free and we have no plans to change our policy.

It is available at:
    http://www.download.com/AntiHook/3000-2239_4-10301119.html

For more information about all malicious activities that can be blocked visit:
    http://www.infoprocess.com.au/AntiHook.php

Please let us know what you think by posting a message at www.wilderssecurity.com or send us an email to antihook@infoprocess.com.au

Thanks for all your help!

Ivo Ivanov

8. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Thanx Ivo, also thanx for making the paper public about hooking. it has served me well in my quest for answers :)

9. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

Is there an official forum for discussing the product and user experiences? Thanks.

Rich

10. Arup

Arup Guest

Ivo,

Have been using the latest version since the day of its release, seems like it catches far more stuff than the previous version, only thing is the problem of redundancy, too many pop ups on programs and DLL that are already on the trusted list.

11. I would really like to use AH myself but I just feel uncomfortable installing the .net framework. It's just another Windows component that could have more flaws that a hacker/malware could exploit. If Windows doesn't come with the .net framework already installed, why should we use it? Or can we still run AntiHook without the .net framework? Thanx if anyone knows.

12. Arup

Arup Guest

You only need .NET with Antihook if you plan to use the rule editor, otherwise Antihook works fine on its own without .NET

13. Thanks very much Arup for your help. :)

14. Arup

Arup Guest

By the way, .NET is a bunch of runtime just like VB used to be and needed to be loaded in the early days of Windows, so far, no known security issues have been noticed.

15. Ivo

Ivo Registered Member

Hello everybody,

We’re trying to put together all possible questions and answers about AntiHook as a product in a FAQ section located at
    http://www.infoprocess.com.au/AntiHook.php

Are there any other questions that we should add to this page?

Thank you for your help!

Ivo Ivanov

16. wildwest

wildwest Guest

The info in the FAQ section looks pretty good, and I can't think of anything else to add to it right now but......is there anyway the AH icon in the systray could be changed to something else? It's really kind of creepy looking. Sorry if I'm nitpicking, it's just a request. I will still use the program if it isn't changed, but it's just really creepy looking to have some demon eye staring at you from the systray all the time. I'm not too fond of demons is all. ;)

Outside of that, I just want to say thanks for a great program. AntiHook looks to be a real winner, and just getting better all the time. :)

17. Ivo

Ivo Registered Member

Hi wildwest,

Thanks for your feedback!

We are definitely thinking about replacing “The evil eye” icon with something nicer and more “friendly”. This will be addressed in one of the next builds which should be available in a month or two.

Thanks,

Ivo Ivanov

18. AHPYPICNrE

AHPYPICNrE Guest

Hi everyone!(First of all, I apologizes for my poor English. )

Wow!
    Is it free for home-user?
    But Japanese edition is not free even if you are so called home-user.
    The price was 4980yen(almost US$44) and now price down to 2980yen(almost US$26).

Seller's URL is
    http://www.vector.co.jp/soft/winnt/util/se347965.html(vector.co.jp is something like download.com in Japan)
    http://park16.wakwak.com/%7Enishikigi/antihook/index.html(Seller Hiromi Nisikigi's site)
    (Sorry, above is available in Japanese only)

I wonder whether this is a regular agency of InfoProcess.

And Japanese edition is stil 2.0(build 2)!!!
    Is it scheduled to update latest version 2.5(build 12)?

Well,I use latest English version now. It's nice!

Thanks.

19. IlikeAH2

IlikeAH2 Guest

IF it is InfoProcess that allowed this Japanese version to be put out, then I would think it must cost a lot of money to translate a program into another language. But then I would also think it would be on their home page if it was put out by InfoProcess, so I would wait for an answer from someone who represents InfoProcess to respond to your query, or email them and ask about it.

But your right, AntiHook is a very nice program. :)

20. AAPlus2

AAPlus2 Guest

Hey,All

@IlikeAH2

Good luck finding what you are looking for but just to
    lit you know it is a great prog but good god.

i had to uninstall it the popups had me talking
    to my self but yes a great tool to have.

Thank you

21. AHPYPICNrE

AHPYPICNrE Guest

Hi IlikeAH2.
    Thanks for your reply.

You are right.
    It might be payable to translate a program into another language.
    But InfoProcess needs to certify if this agency is official one.
    It will be enough to put the link to this agecy's site on InfoProcess's web site.

Anyway, I'll wait for InfoProcess's official reply.

thanks.

22. Ivo

Ivo Registered Member

Hi AHPYPICNrE,

Hiromi Nisikigi is our official reseller for Japan and Korea only.

It is important to mention that the translated version 2.0 (build 2) is not as stable as version 2.0 (build 11) and also lacks features available in the latest English version - 2.5 build 12.
    We plan to release 2.5 build 12 in Japanese and Korean as well within the next few months.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Ivo Ivanov
    www.infoprocess.com.au

23. AHPYPICNrE

AHPYPICNrE Guest

Hi Ivo,

Thanks for your reply.

Your certification ease my mind.
    When AntiHook 2.5 build 12 (or later) in Japanese comes out, I will recommend it to my friend (he is not good at English).

I love AntiHook!

Thanks!

24. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

This product looks both very interesting and promising, and I'm amazed that is is being offered for free to home users (I did notice the operative word that there are no "plans" to make it a pay model).

From looking it over, it seems like more of a product for advanced users than for novices....but I'll admit, I haven't looked it over all that thoroughly as of yet.

Has anyone tried this program, and can report on it's effectiveness and ease of use, etc.?

25. AHPYPICNrE

AHPYPICNrE Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.