Anti Virus Registry Protection?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I had posted on the Privacyand Other..forum that an alert was coming up often indicating that Snoopfree was attempting to modify a registry entry to be executed at startup.
    Subsequently, jackvance stated that the picture looked like Bit Defender. As it turned out it was.

I did not know that BD 9.0 had a registry access control feature. Is this true with all anti-virus programs? It would seem that this might overlap other programs concerned with the registry protection.

Thanks,
    Jerery

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Not really. You can usually disable this feature.

For now i know 3 AVs that have such feature. BitDefender, ArcaVir and KAV/KIS2006. You can disable it in all of them.

3. Cadoul

Cadoul Registered Member

You can add Escan (KAV engine)
    Sincerly
    Cadoul from France

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

It seems like a good idea to me, but I am aware that many do not want duplication or such things as part of their AV. I am not sure why they take that position. In this instance, BD is the only program that detected it.
    Ewido, Counterspy, Snoopfree, UnHackMe, did not, and maybe they are not supposed to. I did think that Snoopfree, and UnHackMe were programs that would have picked it up.

Thanks for the replies.
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.