Anti-Theft Setup-Login Confusion

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by snake_anthony, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snake_anthony

snake_anthony Registered Member

Hi,

I've just installed Smart Security version 6. Subsequently, I wanted to set up Anti-Theft. I pushed the respective 'create account' button in the software, a progress bar appeared, afterwards the software reported success.

However, I have not been prompted to set up any password during this procedure, so I now wonder how I am supposed to configure anything using the web interface.

In the meantime, I registered an account using the web interface. But of course, no device is appearing there when I log in with these credentials.

Help is much appreciated.

Best,
    Mark

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

After clicking "Create account", did you get a window with an option to enter the device name? If so and you clicked Next, it should have taken 2-5 sec. for a window with "Create new account online" button to appear.

3. snake_anthony

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that's how it went. I'd put in the device name, then the 'Create New Account Online' button appeared. After pushing that button, the progress bar appeared, followed by a success notice.

Is there a way to reset Anti-Theft? Would a complete uninstallation, new installation help?

4. metaller

metaller Registered Member

5. snake_anthony

I resolved the issue with a re-installation after completely uninstalling the software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.