Anti-spyware programs clean but don't disinfect

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ronjor, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Houston Chronicle

2. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Pretty interesting there, Ronjor. It may be my puter, but, it was funny to read a story about ad/spyware around all the ADS the paper has in between the lines!! :)

I think sometimes those articles do more BAD than GOOD, they just don't tell enough to really be helpful. I guess they can't because then the paper would LOSE ADS!! LOL!!

Anyway, it just struck me funny, I have been seeing alot of stories like that lately, haven't seen any that are helpful enough. Have you? Maybe I expect too much.

Thanks for keeping us current with what's happening OUTSIDE of Wilders'!! :D

Cheers!

Marja:cool:

3. still_longhorn

still_longhorn Registered Member

The prevailing ignorance about sleazeware is unbelievable even among sysads of networks with greater than 500 workstations. (A lot of sysads believe that all the security they need is a lock down. Amazing!
    Especially when these so called lockdown procedures are non existent in a great number of cases.)

This ignorance has resulted in PC's being cleaned (with symptoms gone) but left with file fragments of sleazeware.... waiting to be reactivated....

But the greatest threat really is the sheer volume of sleazeware being developed for financial considerations that the anti-spyware folks can't keep up.... It'll become worse yet....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.