Anti-Spyware + Prevx

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ftwynne59, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ftwynne59

ftwynne59 Registered Member

Hi all

I have Zerospyware as my (paid) realtime antispyware app. My yearly subscription is due in about a months time. I also have Superantispyware free.
    I am pondering a couple of options :

1...Renew Zerospyware. Happy with this software, good support, plays well on my system.

2...Replace Zerospyware with Superantispyware paid.

3...Do not pay for/use any dedicated antispyware realtime protection. I have Prevx paid...a colleague of mine suggests Prevx protection is adequate against spyware threats.

Views ??

Terry

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Never tried Zerospyware.Tried Prevx1 didn't like it thou.My only advise would be to not trust just one app for your security. Nothings perfect,what one misses another might pick up. Look around there are many fine apps paid and free that work well together.The trick is to find which ones work well for you.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

id just keep on using prevx1 and then get superantispyware free for occasional scanning.

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Although I like Prevx1's concept, I will keep it until all green M's are gone.

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: I used ZeroSpyware free edition last year, good product, however, def updates are not as frequent as it should be. Since its days is numbered, I would contiune using Prevx1 paid PLUS SuperAntispyware free(on demand scanner). You could use Prevx1 as an anchor AS, then adding few on-demand scanner,OR you can try to adopt a new concept of using sandbox/vituralization app, by doing this you can cut down the number of security apps. Good luck.

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I also used ZeroSpyware, because it was a very interesting scanner.
    But it remains a scanner with all its typical disadvantages, so I ditched it and replace it with R.I.P.S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.